(A) The public children services agency (PCSA) shall develop and complete a case plan utilizing the JFS 01410 "Comprehensive Assessment Planning Model- I.S., Case Plan" (rev. 2/2006) if in-home supportive services for the child and his or her parent, guardian, or custodian are agreed upon and there is no court order.
(B) The case plan shall be based on the completion of the JFS 01400 "Comprehensive Assessment Planning Model - I.S., Family Assessment" (rev. 7/2006) providing an assessment of safety and risk to the child and any additional information obtained. Completion of the JFS 01400 is not required in order to complete a JFS 01410 case plan resulting from the following family in need of service reports:
(1) Deserted child.
(2) Emancipated youth.
(3) Permanent surrender.
(4) Interstate compact on placement of children.
(C) The PCSA shall develop and complete the case plan no later than thirty days after whichever of the following occurs first:
(1) The case decision indicates the need for services and the parent, guardian, or custodian agrees to the provision of supportive services.
(2) The parent, guardian, or custodian voluntarily requests services and the PCSA determines that the requested services can be provided.
(D) The JFS 01410 shall be considered complete once the parent, guardian, or custodian signs the case plan indicating their agreement to participate in services.
(E) If sufficient information is not available to complete any element contained on the JFS 01410, the PCSA shall:
(1) Specify in the JFS 01410, developed pursuant to paragraph (C) of this rule, the additional information needed in order to complete all parts of the case plan and the steps to take to obtain the missing information.
(2) Obtain the missing information and complete the missing elements of the JFS 01410 no later than thirty days after the date required by paragraph (C) of this rule.
(F) The PCSA shall develop one case plan per case unless directed otherwise by an order of the court.
(G) The PCSA shall provide the child's parent, guardian, or custodian, and child, if age-appropriate, with verbal or written notification of the opportunity to participate in the development, implementation, and review of the case plan seven days or more prior to, the date the case plan is completed. The date and method of notification shall be documented in the case record.
(H) The PCSA shall obtain agreement on the contents of the JFS 01410; obtain signatures from the child's parent, guardian, or custodian; and provide each with a copy of the JFS 01410.
(I) The PCSA shall complete an amendment to the JFS 01410 if:
(1) There is a change in services, participant(s), case plan goal, case plan activities, the legal status of the child, or the child is placed in out-of-home care.
(2) Completion of the JFS 01413 "Comprehensive Assessment Planning Model - I.S., Case Review" (rev. 7/2006) or the JFS 01402 "Comprehensive Assessment Planning Model - I.S., Ongoing Case Assessment Investigation Tool" (rev. 7/2006) indicates a change in the safety or risk to the child.
(J) The PCSA shall contact the child's parent, guardian, or custodian and seek an agreement for an amendment of the JFS 01410; obtain signatures from the child's parent, guardian, or custodian; and provide each with a copy of the amendment within seven days of the amendment.
(K) If the PCSA completes the JFS 01410, due to placement of the child in out-of-home care, the PCSA shall submit the amendment to the court within seven days of the child's placement in out-of-home care.
(L) If the PCSA is providing in-home supportive services with no court order, the PCSA shall implement the amendment to the case plan once the parent, guardian, or custodian agrees to the change. The PCSA shall obtain signatures of the child's parent, guardian, or custodian on the amended JFS 01411.
(M) If the PCSA and the child's parent, guardian, or custodian no longer agree on the case plan, the PCSA shall do one of the following:
(1) Discontinue supportive services to the family.
(2) File a complaint with the court if the child is an abused, neglected, or dependent child; or is threatened to become abused, neglected or dependent; and intervention of the court is needed for the child's protection pursuant to rule 5101:2-42-04 of the Administrative Code.
(N) The PCSA shall review the progress on the case plan objectives by completing the JFS 01413 pursuant to rule 5101: 2-38-09 of the Administrative Code.
(O) The PCSA shall conduct a semiannual administrative review and complete the JFS 01412 "Comprehensive Assessment Planning Model - I.S., Semiannual Administrative Review" (rev. 2/2006) pursuant to rule 5101:2-38-10 of the Administrative Code.
(P) If a case review or a semiannual administrative review results in a recommendation for a case plan amendment, the PCSA shall involve the child's parent, guardian, or custodian in the development and review of the amendment.
(Q) At any time the PCSA determines a child is in immediate danger of serious harm, the PCSA shall do one or more of the following:
(1) Immediately develop and complete, JFS 01409 "Comprehensive Assessment Planning Model: I.S., Safety Plan for Children" (rev. 2/2006) pursuant to rule 5101:2-37-02 of the Administrative Code.
(2) Contact law enforcement.
(3) Take immediate steps for the emergency removal of the child pursuant to rule 5101:2-39-01 of the Administrative Code.
(R) The PCSA shall make face-to-face contact with each parent, guardian, or custodian, and child participating in and being provided services through the JFS 01410 no less than monthly to monitor progress on the case plan objectives.
(1) The PCSA shall have at least one contact every other month in the child's home.
(2) The PCSA shall document home visits, attempts, and all contacts in the case activity log.
(S) If the initial attempt to complete a face-to-face contact pursuant to paragraph (R) of this rule is unsuccessful, the PCSA shall make a minimum of two additional attempts to complete the face-to-face contact within the calendar month.
(T) The PCSA shall complete the following tasks to close a case:
(1) Assess there are no active safety threats and the overall level of risk is reduced.
(2) Determine the case may be closed.
(3) Notify parties to the case plan of the intent to close the case.
(4) Complete the JFS 01411 "Comprehensive Assessment Planning Model - I.S., Amended Case Plan Cover Sheet" (rev. 2/2006) and a representative of the PCSA signs the form.
(U) The PCSA shall maintain a copy of the original JFS 01410, all amendments, and documentation of the face-to-face contacts, including all attempts, to monitor progress on the case plan objectives in the case record pursuant to rule 5101:2-33-23 of the Administrative Code.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 04/01/2009 and 03/31/2014
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 2151.412, 2151.421, 5103.03
Rule Amplifies: 2151.412, 2151.421, 5103.03, 5153.16
Prior Effective Dates: 11/1/85 (Emer.), 1/31/86, 1/1/87, 9/28/87 (Emer.), 12/23/87 (Emer.), 3/15/88, 7/1/88 (Emer.), 9/1/88, 1/1/89, 10/1/90, 6/1/97, 4/1/01, 9/19/05, 3/1/06