(A) The public children services agency (PCSA) shall develop and complete a case plan utilizing the JFS 01410 "Comprehensive Assessment Planning Model - I.S., Case Plan" (rev. 2/2006) if in-home supportive services for the child and his or her parent, guardian, or custodian are agreed upon and there is no court order.
(B) The JFS 01410 shall be based on the completion of the JFS 01400 "Comprehensive Assessment Planning Model - I.S., Family Assessment" (rev. 7/2006).
(C) Completion of the JFS 01400 is not required in order to complete a JFS 01410 case plan resulting from the following family in need of service reports:
(1) Deserted child.
(2) Emancipated youth.
(3) Permanent surrender.
(4) Interstate compact on placement of children.
(D) The PCSA shall provide the child's parent, guardian, or custodian, and child, if age and developmentally appropriate, with verbal or written notification of the opportunity to participate in the development, implementation, and review of the case plan no less than seven days prior to case plan completion. The date and method of notification shall be documented in the case record.
(E) The PCSA shall obtain agreement on the contents of the JFS 01410; obtain signatures from the child's parent, guardian, or custodian; and provide each with a copy of the JFS 01410.
(F) The PCSA shall develop and complete the case plan no later than thirty days after whichever of the following occurs first:
(1) The case decision indicates the need for services and the parent, guardian, or custodian agrees to the provision of supportive services.
(2) The parent, guardian, or custodian voluntarily requests services and the PCSA determines that the requested services can be provided.
(G) The JFS 01410 shall be considered complete once the parent, guardian, or custodian signs the case plan indicating their agreement to participate in services.
(H) If sufficient information is not available to complete any element contained on the JFS 01410, the PCSA shall:
(1) Specify in the JFS 01410, developed pursuant to paragraph (C) of this rule, the additional information needed in order to complete all parts of the case plan and the steps to take to obtain the missing information.
(2) Obtain the missing information and complete the missing elements of the JFS 01410 no later than thirty days after the date the incomplete JFS 01410 was signed.
(I) The PCSA shall develop one case plan per case .
(J) The PCSA shall make face-to-face contact with each parent, guardian, or custodian, and child participating in and being provided services through the JFS 01410 no less than monthly to monitor progress on the case plan objectives.
(1) The PCSA shall have at least one contact every other month in the child's home.
(2) The PCSA shall document home visits, attempts, and all contacts in the case activity log.
(K) If the initial attempt to complete a face-to-face contact pursuant to paragraph (J) of this rule is unsuccessful, the PCSA shall make a minimum of two additional attempts to complete the face-to-face contact within the calendar month.
(L) The PCSA shall complete an amendment to the JFS 01410 if the child is placed in substitute care or if there is a change in any of the following:
(3) Case plan goal.
(4) Case plan activities.
(5) Legal status of the child.
(6) Completion of the JFS 01413 "Comprehensive Assessment Planning Model -I.S., Case Review" (rev. 8/2010) or the JFS 01402 "Comprehensive Assessment Planning Model - I.S., Ongoing Case Assessment Investigation Tool" (rev. 7/2006) indicates a change in the safety or risk to the child.
(M) The PCSA shall do the following as applicable in completing an amendment to the JFS 01410:
(1) If the PCSA is providing in-home supportive services with no court order, the PCSA shall do all of the following:
(a) Contact the child's parent, guardian, or custodian and seek an agreement for an amendment of the JFS 01410.
(b) Obtain signatures from the child's parent, guardian or custodian.
(c) Implement the amendment to the case plan once the parent, guardian, or custodian agrees to the change.
(d) Provide each parent, guardian, or custodian with a copy of the amendment within seven days of the amendment not including the date of signature.
(2) If the PCSA amends the JFS 01410 due to court ordered placement of the child in substitute care, the PCSA shall complete the amendment in accordance with rule 5101:2-38-05 of the Administrative Code and submit the amendment to the court within seven days of the child's placement in substitute care, not including the date of placement.
(3) If the PCSA amends the JFS 01410 due to change in legal status, the PCSA shall complete the amendment in accordance with rule 5101:2-38-05 of the Administrative Code and submit the amendment to the court within seven days of filing a complaint not including the date of filing.
(N) If the PCSA and the child's parent, guardian, or custodian no longer agree on the case plan, the PCSA shall do one of the following:
(1) Discontinue supportive services to the family.
(2) File a complaint with the court pursuant to section 2151.27 of the Revised Code if the child is an abused, neglected, or dependent child or may become abused, neglected or dependent; and intervention of the court is needed for the child's protection.
(P) The PCSA shall conduct a semiannual administrative review by completing the JFS 01412 "Comprehensive Assessment Planning Model - I.S., Semiannual Administrative Review" (rev. 1/2014) pursuant to rule 5101:2-38-10 of the Administrative Code.
(Q) If a case review or a semiannual administrative review results in a recommendation for a case plan amendment, the PCSA shall involve the child's parent, guardian, or custodian and child, if age and developmentally appropriate, in the development of the amendment.
(R) The PCSA shall do all of the following to close a case:
(1) Complete the JFS 01413 to assess there are no active safety threats and the overall level of risk is reduced.
(2) Notify parties to the case plan of the intent to close the case.
(3) Complete the JFS 01411 "Comprehensive Assessment Planning Model - I.S., Amended Case Plan Cover Sheet" (rev. 2/2006).
(S) The PCSA shall maintain a copy of the original JFS 01410, all amendments, and documentation of the face-to-face contacts, including all attempts, to monitor progress on the case plan objectives in the case record and recorded in SACWIS.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 03/12/2014 and 05/01/2019
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 2151.412, 2151.421, 5103.03
Rule Amplifies: 2151.412, 2151.421, 5103.03, 5153.16
Prior Effective Dates: 11/1/85 (Emer.), 1/31/86, 1/1/87, 9/28/87 (Emer.), 12/23/87 (Emer.), 3/15/88, 7/1/88 (Emer.), 9/1/88, 1/1/89, 10/1/90, 6/1/97, 4/1/01, 9/19/05, 3/1/06, 10/1/09