(A) The public children services agency (PCSA) shall complete and distribute the JFS 01443 "Child's Education and Health Information" (rev. 8/2010) form when a child is placed in a substitute care setting, or at the time the case plan document is completed pursuant to rule 5101:2-38-05 of the Administrative Code, whichever occurs first.
(B) The PCSA shall complete and distribute the JFS 01443 when any of the following occur:
(1) A semiannual administrative review is conducted pursuant to rule 5101:2-38-10 of the Administrative Code.
(2) Any time there is a placement change.
(3) Any time there is a change in or update to the health or education information required on the JFS 01443.
(C) The JFS 01443 shall contain the most recent information available regarding a child's medical history including, but not limited to, the following:
(1) Name(s) and address(es) of the child's health care provider(s).
(2) Child's known medical problems.
(3) Child's medications.
(4) A record of the child's immunizations.
(5) Any other pertinent health information concerning the child such as:
(a) Child's medication allergies and any other known allergies.
(b) Childhood illnesses.
(c) Child's last physical, optical, and dental exams.
(D) The JFS 01443 shall contain the most recent information available regarding a child's educational placement and services at the time of each substitute care placement or placement change including, but not limited to, the following:
(1) Name and address of the child's educational provider at the time of placement.
(2) Name(s) and address(es) of the child's current educational provider(s), if the child did not remain in the school the child was attending at the time of placement.
(3) Documentation of efforts made to maintain the child in the same school the child was attending at the time of placement, or reasons why remaining in the same school was not in the child's best interest.
(4) Documentation that the current educational setting is appropriate for the child's needs or that the agency is working to arrange immediate enrollment in an appropriate educational setting.
(5) Child's grade level performance.
(6) Child's school records, including, but not limited to the following:
(a) Child's grade level.
(b) Disciplinary and behavior issues.
(7) Any other pertinent educational information concerning the child's educational placement and services, including, but not limited to the following:
(a) Special education requirements.
(b) Any developmental delays or learning disabilities.
(E) If there are circumstances in which the most recent health and education records are unavailable, the PCSA shall provide written documentation on the JFS 01443 describing the reasons why this information is unavailable, and the steps being taken by the PCSA to obtain such information. Upon receiving the updated information, the PCSA shall complete the JFS 01443 within three working days.
(F) The PCSA shall provide the parent, guardian, or custodian, or if applicable, pre-finalized adoptive parent, and the substitute caregiver with a copy of the completed JFS 01443 at the time the case plan document is completed pursuant to rule 5101:2-38-05 of the Administrative Code and any time the JFS 01443 is updated pursuant to paragraphs (B) and (E) of this rule. A copy of the updated form shall be provided to the parent, guardian, or custodian, or if applicable pre-finalized adoptive parent, and substitute caregiver no later than seven calendar days after the PCSA received the information and completed the JFS 01443.
(G) The PCSA shall provide foster children aging out of the system with a copy of the JFS 01443 free of charge and document the activity in the case record.
(H) If the PCSA determines sharing identifying information contained on the JFS 01443 may result in adverse or negative consequences to the child, the PCSA may delete any information identifying the current school of attendance or the medical provider from the copy of the JFS 01443 form provided to the parent, guardian, or custodian. A statement providing full explanation of the reasons for not sharing this information shall be contained in the PCSA case record prepared pursuant to rule 5101:2-33-23 of the Administrative Code.
(I) The PCSA shall maintain a copy of the JFS 01443 in the case record.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 12/01/2015
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 2151.412 , 2151.421 , 5103.03 , 5153.16
Rule Amplifies: 2151.412 , 2151.421 , 5103.03 , 5153.16
Prior Effective Dates: 7/1/92, 5/1/93, 10/1/97, 4/1/01, 3/1/06, 4/17/06, 12/1/07, 10/1/09, 12/31/10