(A) Each public children services agency (PCSA) required to prepare a case plan for a child pursuant to rule 5101:2-38-01 or 5101:2-38-05 of the Administrative Code, shall complete the JFS 01413 "Comprehensive Assessment and Planning Model -I.S., Case Review" (rev. 8/2010) for the case plan no later than every ninety days from whichever of the following activities occurs first:
(1) Original PCSA court complaint date.
(2) Date the PCSA received custody of the child.
(3) Date of court ordered protective supervision.
(4) Date of parent, guardian, or custodian's signature on the case plan, for in-home supportive services only.
(B) The purpose of the case review is to ensure continued efforts are made to:
(1) Assess child safety.
(2) Evaluate whether risk to the child is lowered or increased.
(3) Evaluate the effectiveness of supportive services offered and provided to the child, his or her parent, guardian, custodian, or pre-finalized adoptive parent, or substitute caregiver.
(4) Identify barriers to the provision of services.
(5) Prevent placement, if possible, of the child in substitute care, assist in reunifying the child with the child's parent, guardian, or custodian, or establish a permanent placement for the child.
(C) The PCSA shall continue to complete the JFS 01413 no later than every ninety days from the date established pursuant to paragraph (A) of this rule. The PCSA may review cases utilizing the JFS 01413 more frequently based upon PCSA policy or if the PCSA determines case circumstances require it.
(E) The PCSA shall complete the JFS 01413 at the time of case closure unless:
(1) The case is closed within thirty days after completion of the prior JFS 01413 and the intent to close the case is documented on the JFS 01413.
(F) When the PCSA has determined through the ongoing assessment of safety that a child is in immediate danger of serious harm and a safety plan must be implemented, the PCSA shall complete an assessment of safety and record the assessment on either the JFS 01401 "Comprehensive Assessment Planning Model - I.S., Safety Assessment" (rev. 2/2006) or the safety re-assessment contained within the JFS 01413. The JFS 01401 or the safety re-assessment shall be entered in SACWIS within three business days. The assessment of safety shall be approved by the supervisor and documented in the case record.
(G) If a JFS 01413 safety response is for the PCSA to modify or discontinue and the child is out of the home thirty days or more, the PCSA shall complete the JFS 01404 "Comprehensive Assessment Planning Model - I.S., Reunification Assessment" (rev. 2/2006) pursuant to rule 5101:2-37-04 of the Administrative Code.
(H) The PCSA shall maintain a copy of the JFS 01413 in the case record.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 03/12/2014 and 05/01/2019
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 2151.416, 5153.16
Rule Amplifies: 2151.416, 5153.16
Prior Effective Dates: 03/1/06, 10/1/09