(A) Each PCSA or PCPA shall provide or arrange preplacement services to the child and his or her parent, guardian, or custodian when substitute care placement of the child is to occur. Preplacement services shall include, but not be limited to:
(1) Counseling the child and his or her parent, guardian, or custodian regarding feelings of separation.
(2) Establishing communication between the PCSA or PCPA, the child, and his or her parent, guardian, or custodian.
(3) Arranging at least one preplacement visit with the caregiver.
(B) When placement of a child occurs on an emergency basis as set forth in rules 5101:2-39-01 and 5101:2-39-03 of the Administrative Code, preplacement services listed in this rule may not be possible. The requirements of paragraph (A) of this rule may not apply to:
(1) Children who are less than one year of age.
(2) Children who are familiar with the caregiver, unless the PCSA determines that preplacement visits are in the child's best interest.
(3) Placements involving children's residential centers or specialized placement facilities, when such visits conflict with the facility's or center's preplacement visitation policy.
(C) Documentation or other notes regarding the provision of preplacement services shall b maintained in the child's case record.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 07/31/2009 and 08/01/2014
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 5101.03 , 5153.166
Rule Amplifies: 5103.03 , 5153.166
Prior Effective Dates: 9/28/87, 1/1/89, 2/1/03, 10/20/06