(A) Each Title IV-E agency, as defined in rule 5101:2-1-01 of the Administrative Code, shall establish a system of contracting and contract monitoring for children being placed into substitute care with a private agency.
(B) Each Title IV-E agency shall enter all required contracting information into the statewide automated child welfare information system (SACWIS) to be able to enter a placement with a private child placing agency (PCPA) or a private non-custodial agency(PNA).
(C) Each Title IV-E agency shall print the completed Agreement for Title IV-E agencies and Providers for the Provision of Child Placement from SACWIS in order to obtain signatures for the agreement between the Title IV-E agency and the PCPA or PNA.
(D) Any additional contracting requirements and non-substitute care services agreed upon by the Title IV-E agency and the PCPA or PNA shall be entered in SACWIS as an addendum to the Agreement for Title IV-E agencies and Providers for the Provision of Child Placement.
(E) At a minimum, the agreed upon per diem for placement maintenance and placement administration shall be specified for all levels of care in SACWIS Schedule A and shall be attached to the Agreement for Title IV-E agencies and Providers for the Provision of Child Placement . The Title IV-E agency and the PCPA or the PNA may agree to contract for and specify the agreed upon per diems in some or all of the remaining categories listed on the Agreement for Title IV-E agencies and Providers for the Provision of Child Placement.
(F) For all substitute care Agreements for the provision of a child placed into a private agency foster home, the agreed upon per diem for maintenance shall be the amount paid directly to the foster caregiver. The agreed upon maintenance payment shall cover all foster care maintenance allowable costs as defined in rule 5101:2-47-01 of the Administrative Code.
(G) Invoicing procedures shall at a minimum correspond to the agreed upon per diem as specified in SACWIS and on the Agreement for Title IV-E agencies and Providers for the Provision of Child Placement. All invoices shall include but are not limited to the following:
(1) Provider's name, address, telephone number, fax number, federal tax identification number, Title IV-E provider number, if applicable and the medicaid provider number, if applicable.
(2) Billing date and the billing period.
(3) Name of child, child's date of birth, and the child's SACWIS person identification number.
(4) Admission date and discharge date, if applicable.
(5) Agreed upon per diem amount for maintenance and the agreed upon per diem amount for administration.
(6) Invoicing procedures may also include the per diem associated with the following if applicable and agreeable to the custodial agency and the provider:
(a) Case management; allowable administration cost.
(b) Transportation to judicial or case reviews, allowable administration cost.
(c) Transportation to a home visit, allowable maintenance cost.
(d) Transportation to maintain the child in the school in which they were attending prior to placement, allowable maintenance cost.
(e) Other direct services, allowable maintenance cost.
(f) Behavioral health care, non-reimbursable cost.
(g) Other costs the Title IV-E agency agreed to pay which are non-allowable for reimbursement as maintenance or administration cost.
(H) Each Title IV-E agency shall establish a written monitoring procedure to provide reasonable assurance that the terms and conditions of the contract are being adhered to. Monitoring procedures may include, but are not limited to the following:
(1) A comparison of invoices to the agreed upon per diem amount in SACWIS to ensure billing accuracy.
(2) A review of the progress reports submitted by the provider to the agency to ensure the services being delivered are in accordance with the child's treatment plan.
(I) Each Title IV-E agency shall have until their next contract renewal or three years from the effective date of this rule, which ever comes earlier to implement.
Replaces: 51091:2-47- 23.1
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 04/30/2021
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 5101.141, 5103.03, 5153.16
Rule Amplifies: 5101.141, 5103.03, 5153.16
Prior Effective Dates: 12/1/01, 01/1/07, 2/10/07, 2/10/08, 10/1/08