(A) A foster child under two years of age or under thirty-five inches in height shall be provided with a full-sized crib which meets the following requirements:
(1) Crib slats shall be no more than two and three-eighths inches apart.
(2) Decorative cutout areas on crib end panels which could entrap the head of a child are not permitted.
(3) Only cribs that are compliant with the U.S. consumer product safety commission shall be used.
(4) Each crib shall have a firm mattress which is at least one and one-half inches thick and covered with a waterproof material not dangerous to a child. The mattress shall fit close enough in the frame so that there is no more than one inch between the mattress and the sides of the crib.
(B) A bassinet or cradle may be used only for infants less than fifteen pounds in weight.
(C) A foster child under two years of age shall be provided with the following:
(1) Regular opportunities for individual attention and physical contact with a caring adult.
(2) Consistent and regular opportunities for safe and comfortable participation in developmental activities, as appropriate to the child's age and developmental ability, such as:
(D) A foster child under two years of age shall be supplied with safe play items appropriate to the child's age and developmental ability.
(E) A foster child under two years of age shall be fed according to instructions from the child's physician or the recommending agency as required by the individual child care agreement. A foster caregiver shall comply with the following requirements when feeding a child under the age of two:
(1) A caregiver shall ensure the child is placed in one of the following:
(a) High chair.
(b) Infant seat.
(2) No foster child shall be placed in a crib or bassinet for feeding.
(3) A bottle shall not be propped for feeding at any time.
(F) Under both of the following conditions, a foster child under the age of two years may use a toddler bed or standard bed for sleeping:
(1) The foster caregiver, the custodial agency, and the recommending agency agree that the child continually creates a danger to him or her self by climbing out of his or her crib. Written documentation of any agreement shall be signed by a custodial agency representative and maintained in the foster caregiver's record.
(2) The child shall not use the upper bunk of a bunk bed.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 03/14/2014 and 07/01/2019
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 5103.03
Rule Amplifies: 5103.02, 5103.03
Prior Effective Dates: 12/30/66, 10/1/86, 2/1/88, 1/1/91, 9/18/96, 9/1/02, 12/11/06, 8/1/09