Requirements outlined in rule 5101:3-13-01 of the Administrative Code apply to all fee-for-service AHCCs.
(1) "Diagnostic imaging," in accordance with rule 3701-83-51 of the Administrative Code, means the production of images used for medical diagnosis using magnetic resonance imaging(MRI), positron emission tomography (PET), computed tomography (CT), nuclear medicine. Diagnostic imaging does not mean the production of images used for medical diagnosis using diagnostic x-ray, mammography, or ultrasound.
(2) "Freestanding diagnostic imaging center," in accordance with rule 3701-83-51 of the Administrative Code, means a facility, or part of a facility, at which diagnostic imaging services are provided. A freestanding diagnostic imaging center does not include hospitals registered under section 3701.07 of the Revised Code
(3) "Mobile diagnostic imaging center," in accordance with paragraph (J) of rule 3701-83-51 of the Administrative Code, means any arrangement in which diagnostic imaging services are transported to various sites. A mobile diagnostic imaging center does not include movement within a hospital or movement to a site where the equipment will be located permanently and does not include the provision of diagnostic imaging by an entity that is reviewed as part of a hospital accreditation program.
(4) "Speech and hearing clinic" is an AHCC that provides speech, language, and audiology services designed to improve and restore the functioning of an individual.
(B) Any organization applying to be a medicaid fee-for-service ambulatory health care speech-language/audiology clinic or diagnostic imaging clinic on and after January 1, 2008 must:
(1) Meet the criteria for fee-for-service AHCC providers in accordance with paragraph (C) of rule 5101:3-13-01 of the Administrative Code;
(2) Specialize in either speech-language/audiology services or diagnostic imaging services;
(3) Not meet the requirements of any other AHCC type identified in Chapter 5101:3-13 of the Administrative Code;
(4) Provide services in accordance with division 5101:3 of the Administrative Code; and
(5) If providing diagnostic imaging services, be:
(a) A freestanding diagnostic imaging center; or
(b) A mobile diagnostic imaging center; and
(c) Licensed, registered, and credentialed in accordance with applicable, federal, state, and local laws.
(6) If providing speech and hearing services, deliver such services:
(a) In accordance with rule 5101:3-4-17 of the Administrative Code; and
(b) By professionals holding a certificate of clinical competence in speech-language pathology (CCC-SLP) and/or a certificate of clinical competence in audiology (CCC-A), issued by the American speech-language hearing association (ASHA).
Replaces: Part of 5101:3-13-01, Part of 5101:3-13-04
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 01/01/2013
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 5111.02
Rule Amplifies: 5111.01, 5111.02, 5111.021
Prior Effective Dates: 4/7/77, 12/30/77, 1/14/83, 4/2/83