This rule sets forth the hospital franchise fee assessment and payment schedule applicable for the assessment program year that ends in calendar year 2012, for the hospital franchise fee program implemented under sections 5112.40 to 5112.48 of the Revised Code.
For purposes of the hospital franchise fee program only, ''total facility costs'' are as defined in section 5112.40 of the Revised Code, and also exclude a hospital's costs associated with providing care to recipients of the medicare program as shown on the cost-reporting data used for purposes of determining the hospital's assessment under section 5112.41 of the Revised Code.
The amount of each hospital's franchise fee assessment for the assessment program year that ends in calendar year 2012 shall be 2.5713 per cent of the hospital's total facility costs as defined in paragraph (A) of this rule.
(C) Payment schedule
Except as provided in paragraph (D)(3) of this rule, each hospital shall pay the amount it is assessed under paragraph (B) of this rule according to the following payment schedule:
(1) Twenty-five per cent of a hospital's assessment is due on the last business day of November 2011.
(2) Twenty-five per cent of a hospital's assessment is due on January 15, 2012.
(3) Twenty-five per cent of a hospital's assessment is due on March 15, 2012.
(4) Twenty-five per cent of a hospital's assessment is due on May 15, 2012.
(D) Hospitals not enrolled as medicaid providers
(1) Hositals, as defined in section 5112.40 of the Revised Code, that are not enrolled in the medicaid program shall, upon request, submit to the department an electronic copy of the hospital's medicare cost report (CMS 2552-96 or CMS 2552-10) or audited financial statements for the period described in section 5112.41 of the Revised Code.
(2) Hospitals not enrolled as medicaid providers shall be assessed a hospital franchise fee as described in paragraph (B) of this rule.
(3) Each hospital that is not enrolled as a medicaid provider shall pay the assessment according to a schedule established by the department at the time the department mails its written notice of the final determination of the hospital's assessment. The schedule shall provide for no more than four installment payments.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 01/01/2016
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 5111.02, 5112.43, 5112.46
Rule Amplifies: 5112.40, 5112.41, 5112.42, 5112.43, 5112.44, 5112.45, 5112.46, 5112.47, 5112.48
Prior Effective Dates: 10/14/10 (Emer), 1/1/11, 9/29/11 (Emer)