This rule authorizes the provisions set forth in rule 5123:1-5-02 of the Administrative Code which sets forth the process a county board of developmental disabilities must follow to request assistance from the department of developmental disabilities(DODD) in the event of failure of a county property tax levy for home and community-based services (HCBS) to individuals with developmental disabilities in that county.
(1) "County board" means a county board of developmental disabilities established under Chapter 5126. of the Revised Code.
(2) "Home and community-based services" means medicaid-funded home and community-based services provided pursuant to section 5111.871 of the Revised Code.
(3) "OBM" means the office of budget and management as established by section 121.02 of the Revised Code.
(4) "ODJFS" means the Ohio department of job and family services as established under section 121.02 of the Revised Code.
(5) "DODD" means the Ohio department of developmental disabilities established under section 121.02 of the Revised Code.
(1) A county board of developmental disabilities may request assistance from the DODD to pay the non-federal share of medicaid expenditures for HCBS services when a local county board operating levy fails in accordance with rule 5123:1-5-02 of the Administrative Code.
(2) Prior to a county board of developmental disabilities receiving assistance, the DODD shall notify and consult with both OBM and the ODJFS, office of Ohio health plans.
(3) Documentation submitted by a county board to make a request for assistance and/or any documentation used by the department to determine a decision of approval or denial shall be made available to OBM or ODJFS upon request.