(A) What is an appraisal?
As a condition of food assistance eligibility, individuals in receipt of food assistance benefits who are not exempt from work registration as referenced in paragraph (B) of rule 5101:4-3-11 of the Administrative Code are required participants in the food assistance employment and training program. Required participants must be assessed to determine the best assignment for their skills and needs to move them toward self-sufficiency and personal responsibility.
(B) What is required in the appraisal process?
The appraisal process shall include:
(1) Screening to identify possible victims of domestic violence as defined and set forth in rule 5101:1-3-20 of the Administrative Code. Victims of domestic violence may be excused from assignment to a work activity as set forth in paragraph (F) of rule 5101:4-3-11.1 of the Administrative Code; however, the individual may still choose to participate.
(2) Development of an employability plan with each individual to achieve the goal of self-sufficiency and personal responsibility.
(4) Receiving a copy of the rights and responsibilities as referenced in rule 5101:4-3-30 of the Administrative Code as applicants for and as participants of the food assistance employment and training program.
(C) What happens if the assistance group member fails to cooperate with the appraisal process?
(1) Failure without good cause to attend an appraisal interview or to complete an appraisal by any required participant shall result in ineligibility for that individual.
(2) If the individual fails or refuses, without good cause, to comply in full with any provision of their employability plan, the county agency shall sanction the individual in accordance with paragraph (B) of rule 5101:4-3-11.1 of the Administrative Code.
(D) How is good caused determined?
Good cause is determined as referenced in paragraphs (C) and (F) of rule 5101:4-3-11.1 of the Administrative Code.
(E) Who determines when additional appraisals should be completed?
(1) The county agency shall complete an appraisal any time reinstatement of eligibility is completed.
(2) The county agency has the ability to determine if the assistance group's circumstances warrant any additional appraisals.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 02/01/2017
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 5101.54
Rule Amplifies: 5101.54, 5107.40 to 5107.69
Prior Effective Dates: 9/1/76, 12/31/77, 11/1/80, 5/1/82, 3/1/83, 8/1/85, 3/1/87, 12/1/87 (Emer.), 2/15/88, 6/30/89 (Emer.), 9/23/89, 9/29/89 (Emer.), 12/16/89, 4/2/90, 11/1/90, 4/1/91, 7/1/91, 10/1/91 (Emer.), 12/2/91, 5/1/92, 11/1/92, 9/1/93, 2/1/94 (Emer.), 4/15/94, 12/1/95 (Emer.), 2/19/96, 7/1/96 (Emer.), 9/29/96, 10/1/97 (Emer.), 12/1/97 (Emer.), 1/8/98, 1/6/03, 12/31/06, 01/01/08