(A) When the agency approves an application for public assistance or social services, the assistance group shall be provided prompt written notice of the decision.
(1) The notice shall contain a clear and understandable statement of the action the agency has taken and the reasons for it, including the beginning date of aid and the amount of all benefits authorized, cite the applicable regulations, explain the assistance group's right to and the method of obtaining a county conference and a state hearing, and contain a telephone number to call about free legal services.
(2) JFS 04074 "Notice of Approval of Your Application for Assistance" (rev. 9/2011), or the Ohio department of job and family services (ODJFS) computer-generated approval notice, shall be used.
(B) When the agency approves an application or reapplication for food assistance benefits, the assistance group shall be provided written notice of the decision.
(1) The ODJFS computer-generated approval notices are the only notices that may be used for approval of applications and reapplications for food assistance benefits. When the agency approves an application or reapplication for food assistance benefits, the JFS 04074, any version shall not be used.
(3) The notice shall contain a clear and understandable statement of the action the agency has taken, cite the applicable regulations, explain the assistance group's right to and the method of obtaining a county conference and a state hearing, and contain the name and telephone number of the person to contact for more information and a telephone number to call about free legal services.
The notice shall include the amount of the allotment, the beginning and ending dates of the certification period, and any variations in the benefit level based on changes anticipated at the time of certification.
If the initial allotment contains both benefits for the month of application and the current month's benefits, the notice shall explain that the initial allotment includes more than one month's benefits, and shall indicate the monthly allotment for the remainder of the certification period.
(4) The agency may include with the notice a reminder of the assistance group's obligation to report changes in circumstances and the need to reapply for continued participation at the end of the certification period. Other information that may be useful to the assistance group also may be included.
(5) When an assistance group's application is approved on an expedited basis without verification, as provided in rule 5101:4-6-09 of the Administrative Code, the notice shall be accompanied by an explanation that the assistance group must provide the verification that was waived.
(6) If the agency has elected to assign a longer certification period to an assistance group certified on an expedited basis, the notice shall also be accompanied by an explanation of the special conditions of the longer certification period, as specified in rule 5101:4-6-09 of the Administrative Code.
(7) For assistance groups provided a notice of expiration at the time of certification, as required by rule 5101:4-7-07 of the Administrative Code, the notice of eligibility shall be accompanied by a notice of expiration.
(8) JFS 07401 "Notice of Pending Food Assistance Application" (rev. 6/2013), or its computer-generated equivalent, shall be used.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 11/18/2013 and 02/01/2019
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3125.25, 5101.35
Rule Amplifies: 3125.25, 5101.35 , 5160.011
Prior Effective Dates: 6/2/80, 4/1/87, 4/1/89, 6/1/93, 6/1/03, 12/15/08