(A) Notice at the time of application
(1) Public assistance recipients shall be informed, in writing, of the right to a state hearing. Notification shall be mailed or personally delivered within five workdays of the date of receipt of a referral made by the public assistance agency to the child support enforcement agency (CSEA).
(2) Individuals who are not public assistance recipients who request child support services shall be informed, in writing, of the right to a state hearing. Notification shall be mailed or personally delivered at the time an application is provided to the individual.
(3) JFS 04059 "Explanation of State Hearing Procedures" (rev. 10/2008), shall be used.
(B) Notice of acceptance or denial
(1) Within twenty calendar days of receipt of a non-public assistance application for child support services, the CSEA shall notify the applicant of acceptance or denial of the application.
(2) JFS 07647 "Notice of Case Status Application" (rev. 4/1996), shall be used.
(C) Notice of termination of a support order
(1) When the CSEA has determined, after notification by one of the parties, that reason exists to terminate a support order, the CSEA shall notify the other party of that determination.
(2) When the CSEA alone has determined that reason exists to terminate a support order, the CSEA shall notify both parties of that determination.
(3) The notification shall include the date and reason for the termination and shall be accompanied by JFS 04059 .
(D) Notice of case closure
(1) The CSEA shall notify the recipient of child support services in writing at least sixty calendar days prior to taking administrative action to close the child support case.
(2) JFS 07647 , shall be used to provide notification of case closure.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 11/18/2013 and 02/01/2019
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3125.25, 5101.35
Rule Amplifies: 3125.25, 5101.35
Prior Effective Dates: 10/1/91, 6/1/93, 6/1/03, 9/1/08