(A) The Ohio department of job and family services (ODJFS) allocates funding to the county department of job and family services (CDJFS) for the non-administrative costs of providing publicly funded child care.
(B) This allocation consists of federal funds. The catalog of federal domestic assistance (CFDA) number for this allocation is 93.575.
(C) ODJFS issues this allocation on a federal fiscal year (FFY) basis. ODJFS will communicate the funding and liquidation periods through the county finance information system (CFIS). The CDJFS must expend funds by the end of the funding period and disburse and report expenditures no later than the end of the liquidation period.
(D) ODJFS utilizes the following methodology to distribute available funds for this allocation:
(1) ODJFS allocates thirty per cent of the statewide allocation based on each county's population of children from birth to fourteen years of age that are at or below one hundred per cent of the federal poverty level as compared to the statewide total population of children in the same category, utilizing the most recent available U.S. bureau of census figures.
(2) ODJFS allocates thirty per cent of the statewide allocation based on each county's number of temporary assistance for needy families (TANF) children from birth to fourteen years of age as compared to the statewide total number of children in the same category, utilizing the most recent available state fiscal year (SFY) data from "Client Registry Information System-Enhanced" (CRIS-E).
(3) ODJFS allocates thirty per cent of the statewide allocation based on each county's number of children determined eligible for publicly funded child care as compared to the statewide total number of children in the same category, utilizing the most recent available SFY data from the "Child Care Information Data System" (CCIDS)/centralized payments invoice screen.
(4) ODJFS allocates ten per cent of the statewide allocation based on each county's number of licensed type B homes as compared to the statewide total in the same category, utilizing the most recent available SFY data from the CCIDS/centralized payments invoice screen.
(E) The CDJFS may report the following allowable child care related expenditures:
(1) Shared costs (as allocated in accordance with the ODJFS cost allocation plan);
(2) Establishment and maintenance of computerized childcare information systems;
(3) Establishing and operating a certificate program;
(4) Eligibility determination and re-determination;
(5) Preparation / participation in judicial hearings;
(6) Child care placement;
(7) Recruitment, licensing, inspection of child care providers;
(8) Training for lead agency or sub-recipient staff on billing and claims processes associated with the subsidy program;
(9) Reviews and supervision of child care placements;
(10) Activities associated with payment rate setting;
(11) Resource and referral services; and
(12) Training for child care staff.
(F) The CDJFS claims non-administrative employee costs through the random moment sample (RMS) process as described in rule 5101:9-7-20 of the Administrative Code. The CDJFS reports direct expenditures as described in rule 5101:9-7-29 of the Administrative Code.
(G) The CDJFS may request to transfer available child care administration funding to the child care non-administration allocation to be used as stated in paragraph (E) of this rule.
(H) A CDJFS may also move any excess child care non-administration expenditures as follows:
(1) The CDJFS may move excess expenditures associated with child care eligibility determinations and other direct expenditures identified as TANF administrative activities as defined in rule 5101:9-6-08.8 of the Administrative Code, to the TANF administration allocation; or,
(I) Allocation redistribution is pursuant to rule 5101:9-6-02 of the Administrative Code. The definitions, requirements, and responsibilities contained in rule 5101:9-6-50 of the Administrative Code are applicable to this rule.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 06/08/2017 and 08/24/2022
Promulgated Under: 111.15
Statutory Authority: 5104.42, 5101.02
Rule Amplifies: 5104.42
Prior Effective Dates: 12/20/91, 1/2/96 (Emer), 7/1/96, 11/17/96, 2/17/97, 11/1/97, 1/26/98, 12/11/03, 2/5/06, 9/28/08, 10/1/09 (Emer), 12/30/09, 5/27/10, 7/19/12, 9/12/14