(A) The APS allocation reimburses the county for the delivery of protective services to adults age sixty and over.
(B) This allocation consists of one hundred per cent state funds subject to approval by the general assembly.
(C) This allocation is issued for the state fiscal year (SFY), July first through June thirtieth.
(D) The methodology used to distribute available funds for this allocation is as follows:
(1) Fifty per cent is based on the county's population at or below one hundred fifty per cent of the federal poverty level as compared statewide in the same category.
(2) Fifty per cent is based on the county's population at or over fifty five years of age and at or below two hundred per cent of the federal poverty level as compared statewide in the same category.
(E) The following expenditures may be properly charged against this allocation:
(1) APS allowable expenditures under Title XX of the Social Security Act, 88 Stat. 2337
(1974), 42 U.S.C. 1397 , as amended for individuals age sixty or over as listed in the county social services plan/profile.
(2) Non-Title XX APS expenditures for individuals age sixty or over as contained in rule 5101:2-20-01 of the Administrative Code.
(3) APS allowable expenditures under Title XX for individuals age sixty or over but not listed in the county social services plan/profile.
(F) County agency expenditures must be reported on the JFS 02827 "Monthly Financial Statement" (rev. 11/2000) as contained in rule 5101:9-7-03 of the Administrative Code. Contract or vendor agreement purchased service expenditures may be obligated for a three-month period following the close of the SFY allocation period. Obligations must be liquidated and reported on the JFS 02827 as actual expenditures no later than three months after the last day of the SFY allocation period.
(G) Redistribution is pursuant to rule 5101:9-6-02 of the Administrative Code. In addition, the following steps are taken to recognize allowable Title XX expenditures, which are contained in the county social services plan/profile, in excess of the county's allocation:
(1) Any allowable Title XX expenditures remaining, which are included in the county social services plan/profile, are applied to the federal social services allocation as detailed in rule 5101:9-6-12 of the Administrative Code.
(2) Any excess expenditures remaining after the completion of the process identified in paragraph (G)(1) of this rule are the responsibility of the county agency.
(H) The definitions, requirements, and responsibilities contained in rule 5101:9-6-50 of the Administrative Code are applicable to this rule.