(A) The Ohio department of job and family services (ODJFS) issues federal Title IV-B, subpart 2 funding to the public children services agency (PCSA) for the purpose of preserving the family unit in crisis. ODJFS issues preservation funding as two separate allocations; one for direct services and one for administrative costs. Each allocation consists of federal Title IV-B, subpart 2 funds. The catalog of federal domestic assistance (CFDA) number for these allocations is 93.556.
(B) ODJFS communicates the grant availability and liquidation period for these allocations through the county finance information system (CFIS). Funds must be expended by the grant availability period and reported no later than the end of the liquidation period. Expenditures in excess of the allocation amount are the responsibility of the county agency.
The methodology used to distribute available funds is as follows:
(1) Forty per cent of statewide funding is distributed evenly among all PCSAs; and
(2) Sixty per cent of statewide funding is distributed to PCSAs based on the number of children below the federal poverty level in each county as compared to the statewide total number of children below the federal poverty level, utilizing the most recent available U.S. bureau of census figures.
(1) . Expenditures are reimbursed with seventy-five per cent federal Title IV-B, subpart 2 funds. The PCSA shall use eligible state funding or provide local funds at a twenty-five per cent match rate for the nonfederal share.
(E) ESAA family preservation allocation
(1) The emergency services assistance allocation (ESAA) for family preservation reimburses the PCSA for the direct cost of providing emergency support services for children and/or families in order to preserve the family unit in crisis as described in rule 5101:2-40-02 of the Administrative Code.
(2) PCSAs shall report direct emergency services assistance expenditures for family preservation support services on the JFS 02820 "Children Services Quarterly Financial Statement " and/or JFS 02827 "Public Assistance (PA) Quarterly Financial Statement" as described in rule 5101:9-7-29 of the Administrative Code.
(F) ESAA family preservation operating allocation
The ESAA for family preservation operating allocation reimburses the PCSA for the administrative costs of providing emergency support services assistance for children and/or families in order to preserve the family unit in crisis.
(1) A PCSA shall claim reimbursement of administrative costs for ESAA family preservation through the social services random moment sample (SSRMS) reconciliation/certification of funds process.
(2) A PCSA may also request to transfer the operating allocation to the direct services allocation to be used as stated in paragraph (E)(1) of this rule. A PCSA may request this transfer by submitting a JFS 01159 "Transfer of Administration Allocation to Program Allocation" to ODJFS prior to the end of the period of availability.
Cite as Ohio Admin. Code 5101:9-6-36
Promulgated Under: 111.15
Statutory Authority: 5101.02
Rule Amplifies: 5101.02
Prior Effective Dates: 10/30/94, 5/16/95 (Emer), 6/26/95, 11/11/96, 7/21/97, 1/26/98, 7/2/02 (Emer), 9/28/02, 2/20/04, 2/5/06, 2/6/11