(A) Conflict with Revised Code
(1) Section (5) of Amended Substitute Senate Bill 238 of the 126th General Assembly (09/06) sets forth the following provision: Not later than September 30, 2006, the director of job and family services shall adopt rules as necessary for the state to comply with 42 U.S.C. 607(i)(2) (08/96). If necessary to bring the state into compliance with 42 U.S.C. 607(i) (2) (08/96), the rules may deviate from Chapter 5107. of the Revised Code. Rules adopted under this section that govern financial and other administrative requirements applicable to the department of job and family services and county departments of job and family services shall be adopted in accordance with section 111.15 of the Revised Code as if they were internal management rules. All other rules adopted under this section shall be adopted in accordance with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code.
(2) The county agencies shall administer the work activity programs in accordance with the requirements contained in this rule and not in accordance with sections 5107.40 and 5107.60 of the Revised Code.
(3) All applicable requirements contained in the Revised Code sections referenced in paragraph (A) (2) of this rule have been incorporated into this rule.
(B) What is on-the-job training?
(1) On-the-job training means training in the public or private sector that is given to a paid employee while he or she is engaged in productive work and that provides the knowledge and skills essential to the full and adequate performance on the job.
(2) Paid internships and situations in which someone is engaged in subsidized employment and training may be considered on-the-job training.
Replaces: 5101:1-3- 12.4
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 10/01/2016
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 5107.05, Section 5 of Amended Substitute Senate Bill 238 of the 126th General Assembly
Rule Amplifies: 5107.05
Prior Effective Dates: 9/29/2006 (Emer.), 12/29/2006, 7/1/2007, 10/1/2008