(A) This rule describes the migration of Administrative Code rules regarding eligibility categories and eligibility determination processes as the department of medicaid (ODM) moves to a new Administrative Code title and implements new federal requirements.
(B) Effective dates.
(1) For the determination or redetermination of eligibility for medical assistance, rules 5101:1-37-50 to 5101:1-37-58.3 of the Administrative Code are effective upon publication.
(2) For the determination of eligibility under modified adjusted gross income (MAGI) based or presumptive eligibility categories with coverage beginning on or after January 1, 2014, rules 5101:1-37-61 to 5101:1-37-65 of the Administrative Code are effective October 1, 2013 or the date of publication of the rule, whichever is later.
(3) For the determination or redetermination of eligibility under non-MAGI eligibility categories for the aged, blind, or disabled; alien status; or another non-MAGI eligibility category, with coverage beginning on January 1, 2014, Chapters 5101:1-38, 5101:1-39, 5101:1-41, and 5101:1-42 of the Administrative Code remain in effect.
(C) Conflicts between rules.
(1) Beginning October 1, 2013, or, if later, the effective date of this rule, the administrative agency must comply with Administrative Code rules 5101:1-37-50 to 5101:1-37-58.3 regarding administrative processes and the determination and redetermination of eligibility.
(2) For any benefit month prior to January, 2014, an individual may be found eligible for medical assistance under an eligibility category described in Chapter 5101:1-40 of the Administrative Code.
(3) For January, 2014 or any later benefit month, eligibility for a given category must be determined under the rules appropriate for that category:
(a) For a MAGI-based eligibility group, eligibility must be determined under rules 5101:1-37-61 to 5101:1-37-65 of the Administrative Code; or
(b) For an eligibility category based upon age, blindness, disability, alien status, or other non-MAGI basis, eligibility must be determined under Chapters 5101:1-38, 5101:1-39, 5101:1-41, and 5101:1-42 of the Administrative Code.