(A) The Ohio state apprenticeship council shall guide the administration of Ohio's registered apprenticeship system. Its purposes and functions include the following:
(1) To develop state-level administrative policies that ensure the safety and quality of registered apprenticeship training and recognized pre-apprenticeship, and that address, as warranted, the related needs of Ohio's businesses, labor, and communities;
(3) To provide technical and professional guidance for identifying and promoting best practices in registered apprenticeship and recognized pre-apprenticeship; and
(4) To monitor and advise the council office regarding effective performance of that office's assigned functions.
(B) The council shall establish its own rules of procedure and the dates and places of its meetings.
(C) The council office shall have the authority to implement rules under division 5101:11 of the Administrative Code, affecting the registration, performance, and legal compliance of apprenticeship programs.
(D) The purposes and functions of the council office include the following:
(1) To assist the council in developing administrative policies and state rules regarding registered apprenticeship programs and recognized pre-apprenticeship;
(2) To enforce the policies of the council and the requirements established by parts 29 and 30 of 29 C.F.R., and further established under division 5101:11 of the Administrative Code, variously regarding registered apprenticeship and recognized pre-apprenticeship programs;
(3) To award certificates of program registration, active apprentice status, apprenticeship completion, and recognized pre-apprenticeship, as well as interim credentials;
(4) To resolve conflicts and complaints that arise between parties to a registered apprenticeship agreement, where such matters remain in dispute after being fully addressed by local entities charged with this function under the relevant program standards;
(5) To promote maximum effectiveness in registered programs by providing technical assistance to current sponsors and apprentices and encouraging information sharing among stakeholders in the registered apprenticeship system;
(6) To promote the establishment of registered apprenticeship programs, enrollment in such programs, and public awareness about the nature and benefits of registered apprenticeship;
(7) To promote the establishment of recognized pre-apprenticeship programs, enrollment in such programs, and partnerships to facilitate preparation for, and success in, registered apprenticeship; and
(8) To collaborate with all other interested state and federal governmental agencies in the fulfillment of these functions.
(E) The council office shall review, and at its discretion approve, new and revised program standards, apprenticeship agreements, and changes in the status of apprentices; conduct regular compliance reviews of provisionally and fully registered programs; and take such administrative actions as may be necessary, including but not limited to de-registration, to carry out the purposes and functions defined in paragraphs (A) to (D) of this rule.
(F) The council office shall keep adequate records concerning registration requirements, approved program standards, apprentice registration, de-registration actions, compliance reviews and investigations, and any other matters stipulated by the United States department of labor, pertinent to programs' compliance with the requirements of division 5101:11 of the Administrative Code.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 08/01/2019
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4139.03
Rule Amplifies: 4139.03, 4139.05
Prior Effective Dates: 10/8/71, 11/23/98, 3/22/04, 6/6/09