(A) Authority. The authority to implement rules under division 5101:11 of the Administrative Code, affecting the registration of apprenticeship programs, and to recommend additions and/or changes to these rules, is vested in the Ohio state apprenticeship council, under sections 4139.01 to 4139.06 of the Revised Code.
(B) Purposes and functions. The purposes and functions of the Ohio state apprenticeship council are:
(1) To enforce the permanent requirements established by parts 29 and 30 of 29 C.F.R., and further established under division 5101:11 of the Administrative Code, regarding the registration and operation of apprenticeship programs;
(2) To establish and enforce administrative policies regarding registered apprenticeship programs, as warranted to address the needs of Ohio's businesses, labor, and communities;
(3) To award certificates of completion of apprenticeship;
(4) To resolve conflicts and complaints that arise between parties to a registered apprenticeship agreement, where such matters remain in dispute after being fully addressed by local entities charged with this function under the relevant program standards;
(5) To promote maximum effectiveness in registered programs by providing technical assistance to current sponsors and apprentices and encouraging information sharing among stakeholders in the registered apprenticeship system;
(6) To promote the establishment of registered apprenticeship programs, enrollment in such programs, and public awareness about the nature and benefits of registered apprenticeship;
(7) To collaborate with all other interested state and federal governmental agencies in the fulfillment of these functions.
(C) Powers and duties. The apprenticeship council shall review, and at its discretion approve, new and revised program standards, apprenticeship agreements, and changes in the status of apprentices; conduct regular compliance reviews of registered programs; and take such administrative actions as may be necessary to carry out the purposes and functions defined in paragraph (B) of this rule. The council shall determine the dates and places of its meetings and shall prescribe its own rules of procedure.
(D) Records of the council. The council shall keep adequate records concerning registration requirements, approved program standards, apprentice registration, deregistration actions, compliance reviews and investigations, and any other matters stipulated by the US department of labor, pertinent to programs' compliance with the requirements of division 5101:11 of the Administrative Code.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 03/20/2009 and 06/01/2014
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4139.03
Rule Amplifies: 4139.01
Prior Effective Dates: 10/8/71, 11/23/98, 3/22/04