(A) Funding for allowable IV-D expenditures.
(1) Federal financial participation (FFP) at the applicable matching rate is available for reimbursement of allowable expenditures, as described in 45 C.F.R. 304, as in effect on September 1, 2016, incurred in the provision of IV-D services. The FFP matching rate is a variable percentage set by federal law. The child support enforcement agency (CSEA) receives FFP in the administrative advance through the Ohio department of job and family services, as outlined in rule 5101:9-7-02 of the Administrative Code.
(2) To fund the portion of allowable IV-D expenditures not reimbursed through FFP (hereafter referred to as the non-federal share), the CSEA may use:
(a) State appropriated funds known as the state allocation;
(b) Funds appropriated by the county commissioners from the county general fund; and
(c) Processing charges collected on non-IV-D cases that are not program income.
(3) The portion of the non-federal share not met by state funds or federal incentives is designated as the county share or county obligation on the quarterly child support administrative fund reconciliation, described in rule 5101:9-7-02 of the Administrative Code. Federal regulations mandate the permissible sources from which the non-federal share can be supplied:
(a) Public funds, other than those derived from private resources, used by the CSEA for its IV-D child support enforcement program may be considered as the non-federal share in claiming federal reimbursement under the following conditions:
(i) The funds are appropriated directly to the CSEA; or
(ii) The funds are of another public agency and are treated as follows:
(a) Transferred to the CSEA and are under the CSEA's administrative control; or
(b) Certified by the contributing public agency as representing expenditures under the state's IV-D plan, subject to the limitations of this rule.
(b) Public funds used by the CSEA for its IV-D child support enforcement program may not be considered as the non-federal share in claiming federal reimbursement under the following conditions:
(i) The funds are federal funds, unless authorized by federal law to be used to match other funds; or
(ii) The funds are used to match other federal funds.
(B) Funding for expenditures for which FFP is not allowable.
(1) Expenditures for a IV-D case for which FFP is not allowable are described in 45 C.F.R. 304. In addition, FFP is not allowable for any support enforcement program service provided to a non-IV-D case.
(2) The CSEA is responsible for all expenditures for which FFP is not allowable.
(3) For expenditures for which FFP is not allowable, the CSEA may use:
(a) Funds appropriated by the county commissioners from the county general fund; and
(b) Funds collected on non-IV-D cases for:
(i) Processing charges;
(ii) Interest; or
(iii) Copying charges.
Cite as Ohio Admin. Code 5101:12-1-50
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 09/07/2016 and 12/01/2021
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3125.25
Rule Amplifies: 3125.19, 3125.21, 3125.22
Prior Effective Dates: 8/1/82, 11/11/82, 7/1/83, 1/1/84, 12/1/87, 7/15/88, 6/2/89, 9/1/89, 10/1/90, 4/1/92, 5/1/92, 8/1/92, 1/1/93, 11/2/95, 7/1/96, 2/22/02, 7/1/02, 6/15/06, 3/1/12