(A) This rule describes requests for support enforcement program services and IV-D services.
(1) Support enforcement program services include:
(a) Location of custodial or non-custodial parents or alleged fathers;
(b) Establishment of parentage;
(c) Establishment and modification of child support orders and medical support orders;
(d) Enforcement of support orders;
(e) Collection of support obligations; and
(f) Any other action appropriate to child support enforcement.
(2) IV-D services include:
(a) Federal income tax refund offset submittals for the collection of support arrears;
(b) Withholding of unemployment compensation for the payment of support;
(c) Requests to the internal revenue service for the disclosure of taxpayer information for use in establishing and collecting support obligations;
(d) Requests to the U.S. department of treasury for the administrative offset of certain federal payments other than federal income tax refund offset for the collection of delinquent support; and
(e) Requests for certification to the U.S. district court when another state has failed to act on an Ohio support order.
(B) Definition of terms used in this rule and its supplemental rule:
(3) "Recipient of IV-D services" means:
(a) The person who signed an approved IV-D application with a CSEA; or
(b) The parent or caretaker of a child for whom the CSEA received and approved a IV-D referral, as described in paragraphs (C)(3) to (C)(5) of this rule.
(C) A request for services is initiated when a CSEA receives:
(1) A referral of a support order from a court;
(2) A signed application for IV-D services;
(3) A referral from a county department of job and family services that resulted from an application for OWF or medicaid benefits;
(4) A referral from a Title IV-E agency that resulted from a determination of eligibility for Title IV-E foster care maintenance benefits; or
(5) A Uniform Interstate Family Support Act interstate petition in accordance with 42 U.S.C. 666(f) (12/14/1999) from the Ohio interstate central registry.
(D) The CSEA shall provide support enforcement program services in response to a request initiated under :
(1) Paragraph (C)(1) of this rule and no IV-D application is received by the CSEA; or
(2) Paragraph (C)(5) of this rule when the interstate petition requests services that are described in paragraph (A)(1) of this rule.
(E) The CSEA shall provide support enforcement program services and IV-D services when it has received and approved a request for services initiated under paragraphs (C)(2) to (C)(4) of this rule, and paragraph (C)(5) of this rule when the interstate petition indicates that it is for a IV-D case.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 11/28/2011 and 12/01/2016
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3125.25
Rule Amplifies: 3125.03 , 3125.05 , 3125.06 , 3125.10 , 3125.11 , 3125.27 , 3125.36
Prior Effective Dates: 9/1/76, 8/1/82, 11/11/82, 7/1/83, 11/1/83, 1/1/84, 1/7/85, 1/9/86, 1/1/87 (Emer), 3/20/87, 12/1/87, 6/10/88, 7/15/88, 12/29/88, 4/1/89, 6/2/89, 9/1/89, 12/1/89, 8/1/90, 4/1/90, 4/1/91, 11/1/91, 4/1/92, 7/1/96, 10/1/96, 12/30/97, 1/1/98, 2/22/02, 4/18/03, 6/15/06