(A) The child support enforcement agency (CSEA) shall employ an administrative officer, contract with another entity to provide an administrative officer, or contract with an individual to serve as an administrative officer. If the CSEA contracts with another entity or individual to serve as an administrative officer, the CSEA must comply with the contract requirements as set forth in rules 5101:12-1-80 to 5101:12-1- 80.4 of the Administrative Code.
(B) An administrative officer shall:
(1) Be a notary public;
(2) Possess the ability to research, analyze, and apply:
(a) Federal and state laws and regulations relating to the establishment of paternity and the establishment, modification, and enforcement of support orders; and
(b) Administrative practices and procedures;
(3) Have no personal or professional interest that conflicts with the ability to be objective; and
(4) Be able to conduct hearings that are subject to judicial review.
(C) The administrative officer's duties shall include, but are not limited to:
(1) Issuing administrative orders requiring a child, mother, and alleged father to submit to genetic testing;
(2) Issuing administrative orders determining the existence or nonexistence of a father and child relationship; and
(3) Conducting administrative hearings and issuing administrative orders to establish the payment of child support and the method of providing for the child's medical support.
(D) The administrative officer may schedule and conduct conferences and administrative hearings related to issues of paternity and the payment of support including the administrative adjustment hearing, mistake of fact hearings, and other duties as determined by the CSEA director or administrator.
(E) When an administrative hearing is held, the administrative officer shall compile a record of the proceedings that includes copies of all documents and exhibits submitted. The record shall be maintained at the CSEA in a manner that would make it acceptable and accessible for court use.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates:
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3111.53, 3125.25
Rule Amplifies: 3111.53
Prior Effective Dates: 7/15/92, 6/12/96, 1/1/98, 12/1/01, 10/2/06, 1/1/12