(A) Sources of income that are subject to withholding or deduction include but are not limited to:
(1) Income from a payor;
(2) Funds on deposit in any demand account, checking or negotiable withdrawal order account, savings account, time deposit account, or the cash portion of a money market mutual fund account;
(3) Income or benefits from federal agencies, including military branches and social security disability or retirement benefits;
(4) Benefits paid by the department of veterans affairs if such payment is remuneration for employment; and
(5) Payments described in 5 C.F.R. 581.103 (revised 3/26/1998).
(B) Sources of income that are not subject to withholding or deduction include but are not limited to:
(1) Not withstanding any other provision of law, monetary benefits paid by the department of veterans affairs that are generally based on the veteran's disability, war-time service, or disability from service-connected injury or disease;
(2) Means-tested income or benefits including, but not limited to, supplemental security income benefits; and
(3) Payments described in 5 C.F.R. 581.104 (revised 3/26/1998).
119.032 review dates:
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3125.25
Rule Amplifies: 3121.03
Prior Effective Dates: 1/1/87 (Emer), 3/20/87, 12/1/87, 3/18/91, 7/15/92, 12/31/93, 1/1/95, 6/21/96, 7/22/96, 1/1/98, 12/1/01, 9/1/05, 1/1/08, 1/1/11