5101:12-50-19 Investigation of obligor's source of income or status of account.

(A) In accordance with section 3121.14 of the Revised Code, the child support enforcement agency (CSEA) with administrative responsibility shall conduct an investigation of the obligor's employment and resources when the CSEA receives notification or becomes aware of a change in the obligor's source of income or status of accounts in a financial institution.

(B) The CSEA, in conducting the investigation, shall determine the following information:

(1) The obligor's address and social security number; and

(2) The obligor's employment status, income source, or assets; or

(3) Any other information necessary to enable the CSEA or the court to issue an income withholding or deduction notice or order or a seek work order or the court to issue a cash bond.

(C) When the investigation warrants issuance of a new JFS 04047, " Order/Notice to Withhold Income for Child and Spousal Support" (rev. 5/2012) or a JFS 04017, "Notice to Deduct Funds for Child and Spousal Support" (5/2012), the CSEA shall, within fifteen days after the obligor is located, issue one or more new notices or orders.

(D) When the CSEA or court had previously issued one or more JFS 04047s, JFS 04017s, seek work orders, or the court had previously issued a cash bond and the CSEA determines that any JFS 04047 or JFS 04017 is no longer appropriate due to a change in the obligor's source of income or status of accounts, the CSEA shall immediately take action to cancel or have cancelled any previously issued JFS 04047 or JFS 04017. The CSEA shall send written notice of the cancellation by regular mail to the person who was required to comply with the JFS 04047, JFS 04017, or order.

Effective: 03/01/2013
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 11/01/2012 and 03/01/2018
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3125.25
Rule Amplifies: 3121.03, 3121.14
Prior Effective Dates: 1/1/87 (Emer), 3/20/87, 12/1/87, 3/16/89 (Emer), 6/1/89, 3/18/91, 6/1/91, 7/15/92, 12/31/93, 1/1/95, 6/21/96, 7/1/96, 1/1/98, 12/1/01, 9/1/05, 1/1/08