(A) In accordance with section 3119.39 of the Revised Code, when a JFS 04036, "Notice of Medical Support Enforcement Activity" (rev. 01/2006), is issued and the health insurance obligor fails to make a timely request for an administrative hearing, the JFS 04036 becomes a final and enforceable determination of the child support enforcement agency (CSEA) that issued the JFS 04036.
(B) A health insurance obligor who receives an OMB 0970-0222, "National Medical Support Notice" (expiration date 02/29/2008) (NMSN), or a JFS 04036 may request an administrative mistake of fact hearing for any of the following reasons:
(1) Error in the identity of the parties to the support order listed on the NMSN;
(2) Error in the identity of one or more of the children listed on the NMSN;
(3) The child support order authorizes the provision of health insurance coverage through an alternative group policy, contract, or plan and alternative coverage is in effect; or
(4) The coverage identified in the NMSN is not consistent with the medical support provision in the child support order.
(C) In accordance with section 3119.38 of the Revised Code, the health insurance obligor must file a written request for an administrative mistake of fact hearing with the CSEA that issued the notice not later than seven business days after the date on which the JFS 04036 is issued.
(1) Conduct an administrative mistake of fact hearing not later than ten days after the date on which the health insurance obligor files the request for the administrative mistake of fact hearing; and
(2) Issue the JFS 03399, "Notice of Administrative Mistake of Fact Hearing" (rev. 02/2003), to the health insurance obligor and any other individual the CSEA determines appropriate not later than five days before the date on which the administrative mistake of fact hearing is to be conducted.
(E) In accordance with section 3119.41 of the Revised Code, when an administrative mistake of fact process is pending, the employer is required to continue the withholding of amounts for health insurance pursuant to the NMSN.
(G) After the hearing has been held, the CSEA shall issue the JFS 04037, "Medical Support Enforcement Administrative Mistake of Fact Hearing Decision" (rev. 02/2006), to the health insurance obligor. When the health insurance obligor is the non-custodial parent, the CSEA shall send a copy of the JFS 04037 to the custodial parent.
(1) When the CSEA determines that no mistake of fact exists, the NMSN shall remain in effect.
(2) When the CSEA determines that a mistake of fact does exist, the CSEA shall take whatever action is necessary regarding the NMSN, which may include issuing a corrected NMSN or terminating the NMSN.
(I) When an administrative mistake of fact hearing determines that the person named as the health insurance obligor was named in error and premiums have been deducted, the CSEA shall not address the decision for reimbursement.
(J) In accordance with section 3119.38 of the Revised Code, the administrative mistake of fact hearing determination is final unless, within seven business days after the CSEA issues the JFS 04037, the health insurance obligor files a written motion with the court of jurisdiction in the county in which the support order is administered for a hearing to determine whether there is still a mistake of fact in the NMSN.
Replaces: Part of 5101:1-29- 35.2
119.032 review dates:
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3119.51
Rule Amplifies: 3119.38 , 3119.39 , 3119.41
Prior Effective Dates: 1/7/85, 8/1/86, 12/1/87, 12/20/88, 9/1/89, 8/1/90, 6/1/91, 11/1/91, 7/15/92, 4/1/93, 1/1/98, 10/2/03, 1/1/07