(A) Each state child support agency is required by federal regulations at 45 C.F.R. 303.7(b) , effective January 3, 2011, to establish an interstate central registry (ICR) responsible for receiving, transmitting, and responding to inquiries on all incoming intergovernmental cases. The ICR in Ohio is located within the Ohio department of job and family services (ODJFS), office of child support (OCS).
(B) The ICR shall take the following steps within ten business days of receiving an intergovernmental case:
(1) Review the petition and any child support enforcement network (CSNet) transaction for accuracy and completeness;
(2) Perform location as needed;
(3) Partially complete the case intake process in the Ohio case registry, support enforcement tracking system (SETS);
(4) Forward the petition to the child support enforcement agency (CSEA) in the county with administrative responsibility for the case; and
(5) Acknowledge receipt of the petition to the child support agency in the initiating state and advise it of the name and address of the CSEA where the petition was sent for processing.
(C) When the documentation received with a case is incomplete and cannot be remedied by the ICR without the assistance of the initiating agency, the ICR must forward the case to the county with administrative responsibility for the case for any action that can be taken pending necessary action by the initiating agency.
(D) The ICR shall take the following steps within five business days of receiving a case status inquiry from another child support agency:
(1) Contact the CSEA with administrative responsibility for the case to determine the status of the case when the requested information is not available through SETS; and
(2) Provide the inquiring agency with an update on the status of the case.
(E) When another state issues an income withholding order directly to the obligor employer that is located in Ohio, the obligor may object to the income withholding order by contacting the ICR within OCS to request an investigation. The obligor may object to the income withholding order under the following circumstances:
(1) The obligor is not subject to the support order; or
(2) The obligor does not have a duty of support under any tribunal pursuant to which the income withholding order was issued.
(F) When the ICR receives a request for investigation, the ICR will conduct an investigation and send the results to the obligor who requested the investigation within fifteen days after the date on which the request was made.
Replaces: Part of 5101:12-70- 05.5, 5101:12-70-15
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 11/01/2016
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3125.25
Rule Amplifies: 3115.21 , 3115.37 , 3125.03
Prior Effective Dates: 1/1/98, 3/1/03, 9/1/05