(A) Payment processing involves five steps:
(1) A payment is deposited in a child support payment central (CSPC) collection account and transferred to the office of child support master concentration account.
(2) The payment is posted when the payment contains at least two of the five posting identifiers, as defined in paragraph (C) of rule 5101:12-80-05 of the Administrative Code.
(3) The payment is transferred via electronic file from the CSPC automated payment processing system to the support enforcement tracking system (SETS).
(4) The payment is credited to the corresponding case/order combination or recoupment account in SETS.
(5) The payment is disbursed.
(B) A payment that is not an exception item shall be disbursed:
(1) In accordance with rules 5101:12-50-32 to 5101:12-50-32.10 of the Administrative Code, when the payment is a federal income tax refund offset payment;
(2) Within fifteen days after the end of the month of collection, when the payment is assigned under a Title IV-E foster care maintenance assignment;
(3) Within two business days after the end of the month of collection, when the payment was assigned pursuant to an Ohio works first assignment during the month of collection, the payment is for the amount of funds retained by the state that exceeds the amount of cash assistance paid to the family, and the payment is disbursed to the family; or
(4) Within two business days of the date of collection, for any other payment.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 05/16/2013 and 09/01/2018
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3121.71, 3125.25
Rule Amplifies: 3121.43, 3121.50, 3123.81, 3125.03
Prior Effective Dates: 10/1/85 (Emer), 1/1/86 (Emer), 4/1/86, 11/15/86, 12/1/87 (Emer), 2/29/88, 6/10/88, 12/20/88, 9/1/89 (Emer), 11/30/89, 8/1/90, 1/1/91, 4/1/92, 6/1/93, 12/1/94, 6/1/95, 7/1/96, 1/1/98, 4/24/00 (Emer), 7/10/00, 10/15/01, 5/8/03, 04/3/05, 1/15/08