(A) "License capacity" is the maximum number of children, who may be cared for in a type A home at any one time. License capacity is not the same as the total number of children enrolled. Children away from the home on a field trip or a special outing, and under the supervision of a child care staff member, shall be included in the count for license capacity.
(B) The type A home may not exceed a total of twelve children in attendance at any one time. In addition, all of the following requirements apply:
(1) Occupancy limitations set by the building or fire departments or other applicable agencies shall not be exceeded.
(2) Space shall be available for the maximum number of children present in the home at one time, as required by rule 5101:2-13-13 of the Administrative Code.
(3) Compliance with staff/child ratios as required by rule 5101:2-13-20 of the Administrative Code shall be verified.
(4) The type A home shall provide the department with the work schedule and verification of compliance with rules 5101:2-13-25 and 5101:2-13-26 of the Administrative Code for each person who is employed by the type A home as a child care staff member.
(5) The department shall verify that all equipment, beds, couches, cots, mats, pads and cribs are in compliance with the rules of Chapter 5101:2-13 of the Administrative Code.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 07/14/2011 and 09/01/2016
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 5104.011
Rule Amplifies: 5104.01 , 5104.011 , 5104.03
Prior Effective Dates: 9/5/86, 7/1/03, 9/1/05, 9/01/2007