(A) Individuals interested in certification as professional type B home providers or in-home aides to provide publicly funded child care shall contact the county department of job and family services (CDJFS) to request an application.
(1) Individuals submitting applications shall provide all required documentation within sixty days of submitting the application. An application is considered to be complete when the applicant has submitted all documentation required by paragraph (B) of this rule. Applications that are not complete within sixty days may be denied by the CDJFS.
(2) The CDJFS shall accept, and approve or deny all completed applications for certification as a professional type B home provider or in-home aide within one hundred twenty days from the date the CDJFS receives the completed application.
(3) Applications which are complete except for the results of the bureau of criminal identification and investigation (BCII) and/or federal bureau of investigation (FBI) criminal records check shall be exempt from the one hundred and twenty day requirement for the CDJFS to accept or deny the application. All other information shall be complete and on file with the CDJFS to qualify for this exemption.
(4) The CDJFS shall deny an application if it determines that, within the last five years, the applicant was certified as a limited or professional provider and that his or her certificate was revoked in Ohio or in another state, or the applicant voluntarily withdrew from the certification program as a result of CDJFS notification of its intent to revoke the certificate.
(B) An "application for certification" for the purpose of this rule shall require completion and submission of the following materials:
(1) JFS 01643 "Application for Professional Type B Home and In-home Aide Certification" ( rev. 10/2010).
(2) JFS 01280 "Provider Medical Statement" (rev. 8/2008) after a physical examination by a physician, physician's assistant or advance practice nurse.
(3) JFS 01329 "Statement of Nonconviction for Type B Home and In-Home Aides" (rev. 8/2008) for the applicant, emergency caregiver, substitute caregiver and each adult residing in the type B home.
(4) JFS 01923 "Emergency and Substitute Caregiver Statement" (rev. 8/2008 ).
(5) JFS 01302 "Request for Child Abuse and Neglect Report Information" (rev. 9/2006).
(6) A completed request for a BCII and FBI criminal records check.
(7) Verification of completion of a high school education, a high school diploma or general educational development (GED), except for individuals certified before April 1, 2003.
(8) A completed copy of the JFS 01332 "Certified Child Care Home Handbook for Caregivers" ( rev. 11/2010).
(C) If the CDJFS processes an application to certify an individual as a type B home provider or as an in-home aide, the CDJFS shall schedule an interview and inform the applicant of the following:
(1) Procedures for review of the applicant's credentials and for inspection of the applicant's type B home or the home of a child receiving in-home aide services.
(2) Requirements and procedures for using an emergency and substitute caregiver.
(3) Items necessary to complete the BCII and FBI criminal records check.
(4) Responsibilities of a certified type B home provider or a certified in-home aide.
(5) Payment rates and requirement to collect the copayment from parents.
(6) Requirements for the use of the Ohio electronic child care system (Ohio ECC).
(7) Training and technical assistance requirements and availability.
(8) Responsibilities for maintaining the confidentiality of records of families and children receiving publicly funded child care.
(9) Information necessary for the CDJFS to access records from the public children services agency (PCSA) concerning any abuse or neglect report made pursuant to section 2151.421 of the Revised Code including but not limited to the JFS 01302.
(10) Requirement that the provider shall complete one of the following:
(a) Obtain and maintain liability insurance insuring the provider against liability arising out of, or in connection with, the operation of the type B home.
(i) The liability insurance shall cover any cause for which the type B home would be liable, in the amount of at least one hundred thousand dollars per occurrence and three hundred thousand dollars in the aggregate.
(ii) Proof of insurance shall be maintained at the home.
(iii) If the provider is not the owner of the home where the type B home is located and the provider obtains liability insurance described in this rule, the provider shall name the owner of the property as an additional insured party on the liability insurance policy if all of the following apply:
(a) The owner requests the provider in writing to add the owner to the liability insurance policy as an additional insured party.
(b) The addition of the owner does not result in cancellation or nonrenewal of the insurance policy.
(c) The owner pays any additional premium assessed for coverage of the owner.
(b) Provide the JFS 01933 "Liability Insurance Statement for Type A and Type B Family Child Care Homes" (8/2009) to the caretaker of each child receiving care in the home. The JFS 01933 shall be signed by the caretaker and on file by the child's first day of attendance.
(i) If the provider is not the owner of the home where the type B home is in operation, the statement shall also include : the owner of the home may not provide for coverage of any liability arising out of, or in connection with, the operation of the type B home.
(ii) The JFS 01933 shall be maintained at the home.
(11) Any changes that are needed to the provider's JFS 01332, to make it compliant with Chapter 5101:2-14 of the Administrative Code and Chapter 5104. of the Revised Code.
(D) The applicant must agree to cooperate with CDJFS inspections and to meet all requirements contained in Chapter 5101:2-14 of the Administrative Code and Chapter 5104. of the Revised Code. These requirements apply to all certified type B homes providing care that is privately or publicly funded.
(E) The CDJFS shall not require an applicant to complete the certification process when the applicant is already certified as a type B home provider or as an in-home aide by another CDJFS.
(F) An individual applying to be certified by the CDJFS as a type B home provider or as an in-home aide shall be a resident of the state of Ohio.
(G) In accordance with section 5104.99 of the Revised Code, whoever falsifies information on the JFS 01329 in violation of division (B) of section 5104.09 of the Revised Code is guilty of a misdemeanor of the first degree.
(H) A provider shall have the right to access, review and make copies of any information in the CDJFS or ODJFS files of the provider, except information prohibited by state or federal law. The provider may be accompanied by a union representative for this purpose and/or may authorize a union representative to access such information.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 02/26/2013 and 08/01/2018
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 5104.011, 5104.041
Rule Amplifies: 5104.011, 5104.041
Prior Effective Dates: 4/1/82, 9/1/86, 2/15/88, 5/1/89, 7/1/95, 3/15/96, 10/1/97 (Emer.), 12/30/97, 4/1/03, 1/1/07, 8/14/08, 12/1/2009, 11/15/10