(A) Prior to the issuance of a type B or in-home aide certificate, the county department of job and family services (CDJFS) shall obtain all items as required in rule 5101:2-14-02 of the Administrative Code and the following:
(1) Results from the bureau of criminal identification and investigation (BCII) and federal bureau of investigation (FBI) for the applicant and all residents.
(2) Results from the JFS 01302 "Request for Child Abuse and Neglect Report Information" (rev. 9/2006) for the applicant and all residents.
(3) A signed and completed JFS 01280 "Provider Medical Statement" (rev. 8/2008) after being examined by a licensed physician, physician's assistant, certified nurse practitioner or advanced practice nurse, not more than six months prior to certification.
(4) A signed and completed JFS 01924 "Inservice Training for Type B Home and In-Home Aide Child Care Providers" (rev. 8/2008) or a JFS 01307 "Inservice Training for Child Care Employees Child Care Centers and Type A Homes" (rev. 7/2010) verifying the applicant's completion of at least eight hours of the JFS 01750 "Health and Safety in Family Child Care" (rev. 2/2012) training.
(5) Verification of the applicant's current certification in first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) as required by rule 5101:2-14-13 of the Administrative Code.
(B) The CDJFS shall provide the applicant with the following information when a determination is made that the applicant will be certified:
(1) JFS 08087 "Ohio Communicable Disease Chart" (rev. 4/2009 or 9/2009).
(2) All forms required to comply with the record keeping requirements contained in Chapter 5101:2-14 of the Administrative Code.
(C) Once certified, the type B home provider shall complete and submit a provider agreement and all information required in the provider portal which is located at http://jfs.ohio.gov/cdc/childcare.stm. This information shall be submitted by the first day publicly funded child care services are provided. Any child care services provided prior to the date of submission shall not be subject to payment.
(D) The certificate shall be valid for twelve months, unless:
(1) It is revoked for noncompliance with Chapter 5101:2-14 or Chapter 5101:2-16 of the Administrative Code.
(2) The provider notifies the CDJFS either verbally or in writing of his or her voluntary withdrawal from the certification program.
(3) The type B home provider moves to a new address.
(E) The type B home provider shall post the certificate in the home in a conspicuous place that is accessible to the caretaker at all times. The CDJFS shall provide a copy of the certificate to the caretaker of a child receiving in-home aide services.
(F) A certificate is valid only for the provider, address, and maximum number of children designated on the certificate. Only one certificate shall be issued for each address.
(G) A type B home provider shall notify the CDJFS no fewer than ten days prior to moving to a new address. The CDJFS shall issue a new certificate to the new address upon determining that the provider is in compliance at the new address. . The provider shall not be eligible for payment for publicly funded child care services until:
(1) The CDJFS issues a certificate for the new address.
(2) The type B home provider completes a new provider agreement and all information required in the provider portal.
(H) The voluntary surrender of a certificate to the CDJFS or the withdrawal of an application for certification shall not prohibit the CDJFS from revoking a certificate or denying an application for certification, if the type B home provider or in-home aide is out of compliance with Chapters 5101:2-14 and 5101:2-16 of the Administrative Code and Chapter 5104. of the Revised Code.
(I) As part of the certification renewal process, the CDJFS shall obtain current information from the public children services agency about the provider, any other adult residents, and emergency and substitute caregivers by completing a new JFS 01302.
(J) The CDJFS shall renew a certificate, which shall be valid for twelve months, if the provider remains in compliance with Chapters 5101:2-14 and 5101:2-16 of the Administrative Code and Chapter 5104. of the Revised Code.
(K) The CDJFS may choose not to renew a certificate for providers who have not provided publicly funded child care services to residents of Ohio for more than six months.
(L) The CDJFS shall not prohibit certified type B home providers from providing privately or publicly funded child care services. The requirements contained in Chapter 5101:2-14 of the Administrative Code apply to all certified type B homes providing care that is privately or publicly funded.
(M) An individual certified by the CDJFS as a type B home provider or as an in-home aide to provide publicly funded child care services is an independent contractor and is not an employee of the ODJFS or CDJFS that issued the certificate.
(N) Publicly funded child care may only be provided in a child's own home by an in-home aide.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 02/26/2013 and 08/01/2018
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 5104.011
Rule Amplifies: 5104.011
Prior Effective Dates: 4/1/82, 5/20/83, 9/1/86, 2/15/88, 5/1/89, 11/1/91 (Emer.), 1/20/92, 3/15/96, 10/15/96, 10/1/97 (Emer.), 12/30/97, 4/1/03, 1/1/07, 8/14/08, 07/01/2011