(A) The licensed type B home provider shall provide a clean environment, furniture, materials, and equipment which are sanitary.
(1) Toilet tissue, liquid soap, running water, individually assigned towels or disposable towels shall be provided in all bathrooms. Toilets and bathroom sinks shall be in good working condition. Toilets shall be private and flushed after each use.
(2) Equipment, furnishings, and materials shall be constructed of materials to facilitate cleaning and shall be kept clean and in good repair.
(3) Accumulated trash and garbage shall be stored outside of the outdoor or indoor play area and shall not be accessible to the children.
(4) The home shall be cleaned daily and kept in a sanitary condition at all times. Cleaning or sanitizing shall not take place while rooms are occupied by children, except for general cleanup activities such as sweeping and vacuuming, which are part of the daily routine. The cleaning and sanitizing schedule contained in "Appendix A" to this rule shall be followed.
(5) The premises shall be kept in such condition as to prevent an infestation by insects or rodents.
(6) If the home's water is not publicly supplied, the provider shall contact the Ohio environmental protection agency (EPA) to determine if it qualifies as a public water system.
(a) If the water supply qualifies as a public water system, the provider shall comply with the Ohio EPA requirements.
(b) If the water supply does not qualify as a public water system, the provider shall contact the local health department to have the water tested and follow any additional requirements requested by the health department. The provider shall retain a copy of the water test in the home and made available upon request.
(7) On-site sewage disposal systems shall not present a public health hazard.
(B) Handwashing requirements for the provider and children are detailed in "Appendix B" to this rule.
(C) The provider shall provide a smoke free environment for the children during the hours that child care is being provided as detailed in "Appendix C" to this rule.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 01/01/2019
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 5104.018
Rule Amplifies: 5104.018
Prior Effective Dates: 4/1/82, 5/20/83, 9/1/86, 2/15/88, 5/1/89, 10/15/96, 10/1/97 (Emer.), 12/30/97, 4/1/03, 8/14/08, 12/1/09, 7/1/11.