(A) Each day a copy of the daily program schedule shall be posted in a visible place in the licensed type B home and include:
(1) Opportunities for both quiet and active play suitable to the developmental levels and abilities of each child in care.
(2) Activities to promote the children's physical, social-emotional, cognitive and language development.
(3) Opportunities for periods of child initiated activities such as, imaginative play, language development, and creative activities.
(4) Outdoor play in suitable weather for any toddler, preschool, and school child in attendance four or more consecutive daylight hours. There shall be a written policy followed by the provider which lists limitations placed on outdoor play due to weather or safety issues in the written agreement required in paragraph (B)(6) of rule 5101:2-14-06 of the Adminstrative Code. Considerations may include temperature, humidity, wind chill, ozone levels, pollen count, lightning, rain or ice.
(5) An opportunity for indoor gross motor play such as, climbing, jumping, running, riding wheel toys, or music and movement on days when outdoor play is not provided.
(B) The provider shall:
(1) Provide durable furniture such as tables and chairs. This furniture shall be child sized or safely adapted for use by children.
(2) Provide developmentally appropriate play materials to be used as part of the provider's daily program. These materials shall be visible, readily accessible, and arranged in an orderly manner so that children have opportunities to select, remove, and replace play materials with a minimum of assistance during the day. Examples are in "Appendix A" to this rule.
(3) Ensure that equipment, materials, and furnishings provided for both indoor and outdoor play are sufficiently varied and adequate to meet the developmental needs of the children.
(4) Provide enough play materials and equipment so that, at any one time in the daily program, each child can be actively involved in play with developmentally appropriate equipment or materials.
Replaces: 5101:2-14-08, 5101:2-14-17
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 01/01/2019
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 5104.018
Rule Amplifies: 5104.018
Prior Effective Dates: 10/1/83, 9/1/86, 2/15/88, 5/1/89, 10/15/96, 10/1/97 (Emer.), 12/30/97, 4/1/03, 8/14/08.