(A) The licensed type B home provider shall be responsible for each child's safety while child care is being provided. The provider shall:
(1) Leave no child unsupervised. Supervision means the provider has knowledge of a child's needs and accountability for his or her care at all times. Supervision includes awareness of and responsibility for the activity of each child and being near enough to intervene if needed.
(2) Ensure all children in care are within sight or hearing of the provider at all times.
(3) Not be under the influence of any substance that impairs his or her ability to supervise children and/or perform duties.
(4) Always have immediate access to a working telephone on the premises which is available and capable of making outgoing calls and receiving incoming calls.
(5) Only release a child to the caretaker or to a person who has been previously approved by the caretaker.
(6) Immediately notify the public children services agency if the provider suspects that a child has been abused or neglected. The provider shall also notify the county job and family services (CDJFS) within the next business day.
(7) Supervise outdoor play.
(a) The provider shall remain outdoors with infants, toddlers, and preschoolers at all times.
(b) School age children may be permitted outdoors without the provider as long as the children remain within sight and hearing of the provider and are not engaged in higher risk activities such as but not limited to: swimming, activities with animals, or using equipment with motors or moving parts. The provider shall always be able to intervene if needed.
(c) When the outdoor play space is not on the premises, the provider shall accompany and supervise children of any age in transit and at the outdoor play space.
(B) The provider shall be responsible for child guidance and management. The provider shall:
(1) Use developmentally appropriate child guidance and behavior techniques listed in "Appendix A" to this rule.
(2) Not use the prohibited discipline techniques listed in "Appendix A" to this rule.
Replaces: 5101:2-14-20, 5101:2-14-22
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 01/01/2019
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 5104.018
Rule Amplifies: 5104.018
Prior Effective Dates: 4/1/82, 5/20/83, 9/1/86, 2/15/88, 5/1/89, 10/1/97 (Emer.), 12/30/97, 4/1/03, 8/14/08.