(A) The provider shall have a written plan for medical or dental emergencies on the JFS 01929 "Medical, Dental and General Emergency Plan for Child Care Homes" (8/2008). The plan shall be completed, implemented when necessary, and shall be posted, readily in view, by each land-line telephone and on each level of the home in use for child care.
(B) The provider shall prepare a report using the JFS 01299 "Incident/Injury Report" (rev. 6/2007) and provide a copy to the child's caretaker on the day of the incident or injury when any of the following occur:
(1) A child becomes ill and requires first aid or receives an injury which requires first aid treatment.
(2) A child is transported in accordance with this rule to a source of emergency assistance.
(3) A child receives a bump or blow to the head.
(4) An unusual or unexpected incident, which jeopardizes the safety of a child or provider, such as a child leaving the home unattended.
(C) The provider shall notify the county department of job and family services (CDJFS) within twenty-four hours in the event of any of the following:
(1) Death of a child at the home.
(2) Serious incident, injury, or illness to a child. A serious incident, injury, or illness includes any situation that requires a child to be removed by the caretaker, caregiver or emergency services from the home for medical treatment, professional consultation or transportation for emergency treatment.
(3) An unusual or unexpected incident as described in paragraph (B)(4) of this rule.
(D) Written notification to the CDJFS as required by paragraph (C) of this rule, shall be provided on the JFS 01299. The report shall be faxed or mailed to the CDJFS to arrive no later than three business days from the occurrence. This notification does not replace reporting to the county children's protective services agency if there are concerns of child abuse or neglect.
(E) The CDJFS shall fax the JFS 01299 to the Ohio department of job and family services (ODJFS), bureau of child care and development within one business day from receipt of the report.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 11/30/2007 and 03/31/2013
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 5104.011
Rule Amplifies: 5104.011
Prior Effective Dates: 4/1/82, 5/20/83, 9/1/86, 2/15/88, 5/1/89, 10/1/97 (Emer.), 12/30/97, 4/1/03