(A) The provider shall allow the county department of job and family services (CDJFS) to inspect all areas of the home and property for the purposes of certification, recertification, investigation of a complaint, and to monitor compliance with the Administrative Code.
(B) If the caretaker waives an agency inspection of the parent/provider inspected (PPI) home for purposes of certification and recertification, the caretaker and provider shall verify in writing on the JFS 01642 "Application/Inspection For Limited Certification" (rev. 10/2010) that minimum health and safety requirements are being met in the home.
(C) The CDJFS shall make home inspections of the agency inspected (AI) type B home provider or the home of the family receiving in-home aide (IHA) services to verify compliance with health and safety requirements. The CDJFS shall complete the JFS 01642 for each inspection. A home inspection shall be:
(1) Completed for provisional limited type B homes no later than ten business days after the issuance of the certificate.
(2) Completed prior to issuance of a limited certificate.
(3) Conducted one time a year after the initial AI type B home or IHA limited certificate has been issued.
(4) Announced or unannounced. At least one of the annual inspections shall be unannounced.
(5) Conducted upon the provider's relocation to a new residence. When the CDJFS determines that the provider is in compliance with Chapter 5101:2-14 of the Administrative Code at the new residence, a new certificate shall be issued for the new address. The provider shall not be entitled to reimbursement for publicly funded child care until :
(a) The CDJFS issues a certificate for the new address.
(b) The type B provider completes and submits a provider agreement and all information required in the provider portal which is located at: http://jfs/ohio.gov/cdc/childcare.stm [File Link Not Available]. Any child care services provided prior to the date the information is submitted to ODJFS shall not be reimbursed.
(D) For each inspection of an AI type B home or IHA, the CDJFS shall complete the JFS 01642 and give one copy to the provider within fifteen working days after the inspection. The CDJFS, after removal of confidential information, shall provide a copy of the JFS 01642 to any person who submits a request to the CDJFS. Inspection reports shall be kept on file at the CDJFS.
(E) The caretaker and provider shall conduct home inspections of the PPI type B home provider to verify compliance with health and safety requirements. The caretaker and provider shall complete the JFS 01642 for each inspection completed. A home inspection shall be conducted:
(1) No later than ten business days after the issuance of a provisional limited type B home certificate.
(2) Prior to the initial issuance of a limited type B home certificate.
(3) By the provider and each eligible caretaker whose children will be cared for by the provider.
(4) Prior to recertification.
(5) Upon the provider's relocation to a new residence. When the CDJFS determines that the provider is in compliance with Chapter 5101:2-14 of the Administrative Code at the new residence, a new certificate shall be issued for the new address. The provider shall complete and submit a new provider agreement and information required for the provider portal. The provider shall not be reimbursed for publicly funded child care services that are provided prior to the provider portal information being completed and submitted to ODJFS, and a new certificate being issued.
(F) A completed JFS 01642 shall be submitted to the CDJFS thirty days prior to the expiration of the two year certification period which was established with the first eligible family receiving subsidized child care from the provider.
(G) The CDJFS, after removal of confidential information, shall provide a copy of the JFS 01642 for the PPI to any person who submits a request to the CDJFS. Inspection reports shall be kept on file at the CDJFS.
(H) The CDJFS shall conduct an interview at the home of the (PPI) type B provider or at the agency to verify compliance with the safety, sanitary and health requirements listed on the JFS 01642 . This interview shall be conducted before a type B PPI limited certificate has been issued or within ten business days after the issuance of a provisional limited certificate. At the discretion of the CDJFS subsequent interviews may be conducted:
(1) Upon recertification at the time that the two year limited certification period expires.
(2) Upon relocation by the PPI type B home provider. The provider shall not be entitled for reimbursement for publicly funded child care until a new certificate and contract are issued.
(I) When the CDJFS determines the type B home provider or in-home aide is not in compliance with this chapter or Chapter 5104. of the Revised Code and the CDJFS does not propose revocation of the certificate, the CDJFS shall forward to the provider written notification which includes:
(1) A statement of the specific rule violations.
(2) A statement of what must be done to correct the rule violations.
(3) The date, not to exceed thirty business days, by which the correction shall be completed.
(4) A statement of the consequences if the provider fails to correct violations within the specified time frame.
(5) A statement that the provider has the right to appeal the actions of the CDJFS and request a county appeal review in accordance with procedures outlined in rule 5101:2-14-40 of the Administrative Code.
(J) Failure of the caretaker whose child is receiving in-home aide services to cooperate with the CDJFS or failure to comply with this chapter and Chapter 5104. of the Revised Code shall be cause for the CDJFS to terminate the in-home aide arrangement, revoke the in-home aide limited certificate and inform the caretaker of alternative child care arrangements.
(K) The child care provider shall make available all inspection reports within the current certification period upon request of the caretaker.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 03/31/2013
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 5104.011
Rule Amplifies: 5104.011, 5104.11, 5104.12
Prior Effective Dates: 11/1/91 (Emer.), 1/20/92, 3/15/96, 10/1/97, 12/30/97, 4/10/03, 8/14/08