(A) The caretaker shall complete and submit the JFS 01138 "Application for Child Care Benefits" (rev. 8/2011) to the county department of job and family services (CDJFS) in the county in which the caretaker resides.
(B) Failure to provide a signed JFS 01138 and all supporting documentation shall result in denial of the application.
(C) Payment shall be made for authorized child care services provided between the date the CDJFS receives an application and the date the caretaker is determined to be eligible. If the caretaker is determined to be ineligible, the caretaker shall be responsible for the cost of services rendered by the provider.
(D) A child may be authorized to no more than two providers in a week.
(E) Authorizations shall be made as follows:
(1) If a caretaker is eligible for full-time weekly, a child may receive one full-time authorization, one full-time and one part-time authorization, one full-time and one hourly authorization, two part-time authorizations, one part-time and an hourly authorization or one or two hourly authorizations.
(2) If a caretaker is eligible for part-time weekly, a child may receive one or two part-time authorizations, one part-time and one hourly authorization or one or two hourly authorizations.
(3) If a caretaker is eligible for hourly, a child may receive one or two hourly authorizations.
(4) If a caretaker is eligible for full-time weekly plus, a child may receive one full-time plus authorization, one full-time plus and one part-time authorization, one full-time plus and one hourly authorization, one full-time and one part-time authorization, one full-time and one hourly authorization, two part-time authorizations or one part-time and one hourly authorization.
(F) Child care benefits shall be issued to a caretaker on a child care electronic swipe card. Each identified caretaker will be issued a card. A caretaker shall use the child care electronic swipe card immediately to record child(ren) upon entry to and exit from the provider's location. Use of the swipe card will automatically track attendance for each child at each authorized provider.
(G) The caretaker shall make all assigned copayments to the provider.
(H) The caretaker may apply for medicaid benefits at the time of the application for child care benefits by completing the JFS 01137 "Child Care/Healthy Start and Healthy Families Supplement" (rev. 10/2006). The CDJFS may make this form available with the JFS 01138.
(I) A caretaker shall not receive publicly funded child care from a provider who resides in the same household as the child and caretaker.
(J) A caretaker receiving child care benefits shall report to the CDJFS any changes which affect the caretaker's eligibility for child care benefits, including family income, employment, participation in program of education or training, household composition or relocation to another county.
(1) The caretaker shall report such changes within ten calendar days of the date the change occurs.
(2) If the caretaker fails to comply with the ten-day reporting requirement, the CDJFS will pursue a determination of and recovery of any overpayment.
(K) A caretaker must notify the CDJFS when a child needs to be authorized to a new provider. A child can receive care only from a provider who has a provider agreement with ODJFS and who has been authorized by the CDJFS to provide care for the child.
(L) An eligible caretaker or the caretaker's designee are the only persons entitled by the Ohio department of job and family services (ODJFS) to use the swipe card to record a child's attendance. The caretaker's designee shall not be the provider nor a person acting in any capacity for the provider. Misuse of the child care electronic swipe card may result in termination of a caretaker's eligibility.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 05/01/2016
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 5104.34 , 5104.38
Rule Amplifies: 5104.30 , 5104.32 , 5104.34 , 5104.38
Prior Effective Dates: 7/29/91, 11/1/91 (Emer), 1/20/92, 1/1/94, 1/2/96 (Emer), 3/1/96, 10/1/97 (Emer), 12/30/97, 1/1/99, 2/14/02, 4/1/03, 7/1/05 (Emer), 9/16/05, 2/1/07, 2/1/08, 7/1/09, 3/28/10, 5/1/2011