(A) The Ohio department of job and family services (ODJFS) shall reimburse early learning initiative (ELI) agencies under contract with ODJFS and the Ohio department of education (ODE) to provide ELI services. ODJFS shall not directly reimburse providers who are under contract with ELI agencies.
(B) ODJFS shall reimburse ELI agencies in an amount not to exceed nine thousand nine hundred thirty-eight dollars per child per state fiscal year. Reimbursement for weekly attendance shall be calculated as follows:
(1) An amount not to exceed one hundred ninety one dollars and twelve cents per child for a full-time week when the child is in approved attendance for twenty-five or more hours, or
(2) An amount not to exceed one hundred forty three dollars and thirty-four cents per child for a part-time week when the child is in approved attendance fifteen hours to twenty-four and nine-tenths hours, or
(3) An hourly rate as listed in the appendix to this rule when the child is in approved attendance one tenth of an hour up to fourteen and nine-tenths hours in a week.
(C) For ELI agency services, a week is Monday through Friday.
(D) ODJFS shall reimburse ELI agencies for up to twenty-five absent days per child each twelve month period that the child receives services. The ELI agency will be reimbursed for five hours per absent day. The ELI agency shall report any absent days when the child is expected to be in attendance and not present, regardless of the effect on reimbursement.
(1) An absent day shall only be used after the caretaker has initiated the care for the child with the ELI provider, the authorized child has attended the program and all enrollment forms have been signed by the caretaker.
(2) An absent day may only be used during holidays if the child would have been expected to be in attendance if the agency was available to provide care.
(3) An absent day shall not be used after a child's last day of attendance per non-consecutive authorization periods.
(E) The ELI agency or the provider who provides ELI services shall maintain a daily attendance record for each child, signed by the caretaker, indicating the hours of care provided.
(F) ODJFS shall reimburse ELI agencies by means of electronic funds transfer (EFT).
(G) ODJFS shall reimburse ELI agencies in accordance with the slot allocation method approved by ODJFS and ODE.
(H) Payments of up to five hundred dollars per year for each authorized and enrolled ELI child may be made to contracted agencies for approved participation in a quality improvement plan as defined and monitored by ODE.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 9/26/2010
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 206.67.12 (Temp), 5104.02
Rule Amplifies: 206.67.12 (Temp), 5104.02
Prior Effective Dates: 7/1/05 (Emer.), 9/26/05, 1/13/06 (Emer.), 4/13/06, 2/1/07, 3/30/07 (Emer.)