(A) A program licensed by the Ohio department of job and family services (ODJFS) or the Ohio department of education (ODE) may register to participate in step up to quality (SUTQ), a tiered quality rating and improvement system.
(B) The following programs are not eligible to register to become star rated:
(1) Child day camps as defined in Chapter 5101:2-18 of the Administrative Code.
(2) Certified in-home aides as defined in Chapter 5101:2-14 of the Administrative Code.
(3) Licensed programs who operate a summer only program as determined by ODJFS or ODE.
(4) Licensed programs who only operate during non-traditional hours as determined by ODJFS or ODE.
(5) Licensed programs within the first six months of their provisional license period.
(6) Border state child care providers serving children receiving publicly funded child care.
(7) Licensed programs whose license has a temporary closure status or is currently suspended.
(C) A licensed program shall be eligible for a star rating during the provisional license period if the new program meets the requirements pursuant to paragraphs (K), (L), (M), and (N) of rule 5101:2-17-03 of the Administrative Code.
(D) In order for a program to be considered for a star rating the child care program shall:
(1) Not violate a licensing rule in Chapter 5101:2-12, 5101:2-13, or 5101:2-14, 3301-32, or 3301-37 in order to meet a SUTQ standard.
(4) Complete and have verified a professional registry profile for all administrators, lead teachers, and assistant teachers through the Ohio professional registry at occrra.org/opr for ODJFS and ODE licensed programs.
(5) Electronically submit the registration in preparation for the desk review and participation with the verification visit.
(6) Be issued a regular license after the provisional licensing period has ended
(7) Have children enrolled and attending the program.
(8) Not have received a letter of intent to revoke a license from ODJFS or ODE within the twenty-four months prior to registration and not have an active enforcement case.
(9) For programs licensed by ODJFS:
(a) A star rating may be reduced or removed if ODJFS determines that the program has a six point serious risk non-compliance or an accumulation of twelve serious risk non-compliance points within the previous twelve months.
(b) Serious risk non-compliances are listed in appendix A to rule 5101:2-17-02 of the Administratve Code for child care centers, appendix B for licensed type A home providers, and appendix C for licensed type B home providers.
(c) The accumulation of points shall not be within the previous twelve months prior to the registration date and between the registration date and the star rating effective date.
(d) If a licensing inspection has not occurred within twelve months, the most recent licensing inspection shall be considered.
(10) For programs licensed by ODE, not having received a six point serious risk non-compliance as shown in rule 3301-37-02 of the Administrative Code for preschools and rule 3301-32-11 of the Administrative Code for school child programs.
(E) If a program's star rating is discontinued, it shall wait six months from the date the star rating was discontinued to submit a new registration for a star rating.
(F) If a program's star rating cannot be renewed, it shall wait six months from the date of expiration to submit a new registration for a star rating.