(A) A child care program licensed by the Ohio department of job and family services (ODJFS) may register to participate in SUTQ, a tiered quality rating and improvement system.
(B) The following programs are not eligible to register to become star rated:
(1) Child day camps as defined in Chapter 5101:2-18 of the Administrative Code.
(2) Certified in-home aides as defined in Chapter 5101:2-14 of the Administrative Code.
(3) Licensed programs who operate a summer only program as determined by ODJFS.
(4) Licensed programs within the first six months of their provisional license period.
(5) Licensed type B child care homes prior to July 1, 2014.
(6) Border state child care providers serving children receiving publicly funded child care.
(C) In order for a program to be considered for a star rating the child care program shall:
(1) Register online at https://oclqs.ohio.gov.
(2) Meet the program standards for the star rating registered for as listed in appendix A to rule 5101:2-17-01 of the Administrative Code for ODJFS licensed child care centers and appendix B for ODJFS licensed type A family child care homes.
(3) Complete and have verified a professional registry profile for all administrators, lead teachers, and assistant teachers through the Ohio professional registry at https://login.occrra.org/.
(4) Electronically submit the registration in preparation for the desk review and participation with the verification visit.
(5) Be issued a regular license after the provisional licensing period has ended.
(6) Not have received a letter of intent to revoke a license from ODJFS within the forty-eight months prior to registration.
(7) Not have received a six point serious risk noncompliance or an accumulation of twelve points as shown in appendix A to this rule for licensed child care centers and in appendix B to this rule for licensed type A family child care homes, within the previous twelve months prior to the registration date and between the registration date and the awarding of the star rating.
(D) If a child care program does not qualify for a star rating, it shall wait six months from the notification of the inability to be awarded a star rating to submit a new registration.
(E) If a child care program's star rating is discontinued it shall wait six months from the date the star rating was discontinued to submit a new registration for a star rating.
(F) If a child care program's star rating cannot be renewed, it shall wait six months from the date of expiration to submit a new registration for a star rating.