(A) If the Ohio department of job and family services (ODJFS) or the Ohio department of education (ODE) determines that the star rated program no longer meets the program standards, the star rating may be removed or a lesser star rating may be awarded.
(B) Change in star rating.
(1) A program may request a change in rating six months after the current rating effective date. To request a change in rating the child care program shall:
(a) Log onto https://oclqs.force.com to complete a change in rating.
(b) Electronically submit the registration in preparation for the desk review and the verification visit.
(2) If a program wishes to change its star rating, and its star rating expiration date is within six months of the request, the program shall submit a request for a change with its renewal.
(C) Renewing a star rating and submitting the annual report.
(1) A program shall request to renew its rating by logging onto https://oclqs.force.com.
(a) If the renewal registration is not submitted ninety days prior to the star rating expiration date, the star rating shall expire on the expiration date.
(b) The program shall wait six months from the expiration date to submit the new registration if its star rating expires.
(2) A program shall complete and submit an annual report at https://oclqs.force.com.
(b) If the annual report is not submitted thirty days prior to the anniversary date of the initial star rating:
(i) The star rating shall be discontinued on the anniversary date of the star rating.
(ii) The program shall wait six months from the date the star rating is discontinued before submitting a new registration.
(c) If a star rated program no longer meets the program standards based on the information provided in the annual report, the star rating may be reduced.
(3) If the program has submitted a request for a change in rating, this request may be used to meet the requirements for an annual report.
(D) Star rating removals and reductions.
(1) A star rating shall be removed if the program receives a letter of intent to revoke a license from ODJFS.
(2) For programs licensed by ODJFS:
(a) A star rating may be reduced or removed if ODJFS determines that the program has a six point serious risk non-compliance or an accumulation of eighteen moderate and/or serious risk non-compliance points within the previous twelve months.
(b) Moderate and serious risk non-compliances are listed in appendix A to rule 5101:2-12-03 of the Administrative Code for child care centers and appendix A to rule 5101:2-13-03 of the Administrative Code for family child care providers .
(3) For programs licensed by ODE, a star rating may be reduced or removed if ODE determines that the program has a six point serious risk non-compliance as shown in rule 3301-37-02 of the Administrative Code for preschools and rule 3301-32-11 of the Administrative Code for school child programs.
(4) A star rating may be reduced or removed at times other than during a request for change, renewal or annual report if ODJFS or ODE determines the program is not meeting any of the standards outlined in the appendices to rule 5101:2-17-01 of the Administrative Code.
(5) If a star rating is reduced pursuant to paragraph (C)(2)(c), (D)(2), (D)(3) or (D)(4) of this rule:
(a) The new rating awarded will expire twelve months after the new rating begin date.
(b) The program may not request a change in rating for six months after the new rating begin date including when a program is determined to be at a zero rating.
(6) If a star rating is removed pursuant to paragraph (D)(1), (D)(2), (D)(3) or (D)(4) of this rule, the program may not register for a rating for twelve months from the date of removal.
(7) A star rated program whose star rating has been removed shall not display, disseminate or utilize any SUTQ marketing materials provided by ODJFS or ODE.
(E) Temporary closure status.
(1) There shall be no impact on the rating, if the program is in temporary closure status for ninety or fewer days. The program shall follow timelines for annual reports and/or renewal registrations pursuant to this rule.
(2) The rating shall be discontinued if the program is in temporary closure status for more than ninety days.
(F) Withdrawing from SUTQ.
(1) A program that has submitted a request for SUTQ or that has a current SUTQ rating may withdraw from SUTQ by completing and submitting the JFS 01556 "Request to Withdraw From Step Up To Quality" (rev. 5/2015).
(2) The effective date of the program's withdrawal from SUTQ will be the date requested on the JFS 01556 or thirty days from the date of the signature on the JFS 01556, whichever is later.
(3) A program may submit a new registration six months after the effective date of the withdrawal.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 10/01/2018
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 5104.29
Rule Amplifies: 5104.29
Prior Effective Dates: 10/1/2013, 7/20/2014, 5/24/15, 06/26/2016