(A) A child care program shall notify the Ohio department of job and family services (ODJFS) within ten business days if one of the following occurs:
(1) Change of program location.
(2) Change of owner.
(3) Change of program administrator.
(B) If the star rated child care program no longer meets the program standards as a result of a change in paragraph (A) of this rule a star rating may be removed or a lesser star rating may be awarded.
(C) Change in star rating.
(1) A child care program may request a change in rating six months after the current rating begin date. To request a change in rating the child care program shall:
(a) Log on to https://oclqs.ohio.gov to complete a change in rating.
(b) Electronically submit the registration in preparation for the desk review and the verification visit.
(2) If a child care program wishes to change its star rating, and its star rating expiration date is within six months of the request, the child care program shall submit a request for a change with its renewal.
(D) Renewing a star rating and submitting the annual report.
(1) A child care program shall request to renew its rating by logging ontohttps://oclqs.ohio.gov.
(a) If the renewal registration is not submitted sixty days prior to the star rating expiration date, the star rating shall expire on the expiration date.
(b) The child care program shall wait six months to submit the new registration if its star rating expires.
(2) A child care program shall complete and submit an annual report athttps://oclqs.ohio.gov.
(a) If the annual report is not submitted thirty days prior to the anniversary date of the initial star rating, the star rating shall be discontinued on the anniversary date of the star rating.
(b) Child care programs shall wait six months from the date the star rating is discontinued to submit a new registration.
(E) Star rating removals and reductions.
(1) A star rating shall be removed if the child care program receives a letter of intent to revoke a license from ODJFS.
(2) A star rating may be reduced or removed if ODJFS determines that the child care program has a six point serious risk noncompliance or an accumulation of twelve points within the previous twelve months as listed in appendix A to rule 5101:2-17-02 of the Administrative Code for ODJFS licensed child care centers and appendix B for licensed type A family child care homes.
(3) A star rated program whose star rating has been removed shall not display, disseminate or utilize any SUTQ marketing materials provided by ODJFS.
(F) Withdrawing from SUTQ.
(1) A child care program may withdraw from SUTQ by completing and submitting the JFS 01556 "Withdrawal Request From Step Up To Quality" (rev. 10/2013).
(2) A child care program may submit a new registration six months after it is notified by ODJFS that they have been withdrawn.