(A) A program may appeal the following:
(1) Denial of a star rating as a result of the desk review or verification visit.
(2) The award of a lesser star rating at the completion of the desk review or verification visit.
(3) The removal or reduction of a star rating as a result of serious risk noncompliances.
(B) A program shall complete and submit the JFS 01563 "Appeal Request for Step Up to Quality" (rev. 10/2013) within seven business days of the following:
(1) Notification of the star rating desk review results.
(2) Notification of the verification visit results.
(3) Notification of the removal or reduction of the star rating.
(C) The program shall receive a written decision of the appeal by the ODJFS.
(D) The program may not appeal a discontinued star rating as a result of the program failing to submit a renewal registration or an annual report.