(A) "Field trips" mean excursions, including special outings, away from the approved child day camp.
(B) The maximum number of children per camp program staff, as required in rule 5101: 2-18-12 of the Administrative Code, shall be met at all times on field trips, including during transportation to and from the destination(s). The person driving the vehicle shall not be included in the staff/child ratio.
(C) The child day camp shall have a written field trip plan for each field trip that includes to the following at a minimum:
(1) Safety regulations, including vehicle safety, search and rescue procedures, meeting times and places if children become separated from the group, and practices when children mingle with the public as outlined in rule 5101: 2-18-21 of the Administrative Code.
(2) Emergency procedures;.
(3) Roster of children and the accompanying personnel staff members.
(4) Departure and return time(s).
(5) Inclement weather plans.
(6) Routes to be taken.
(7) Communication plan with designated person on the camp site.
(8) List of destination(s), address(es) and telephone number(s) of destination(s).
(9) Orientation of children prior to each field trip.
(D) For field trips, the child day camp shall have written and signed permission from the parent or guardian before transporting or escorting a child to or from the camp site.
(1) Written permission from the parent or guardian for each field trip shall include:
(a) A statement notifying parents or guardians what kind of vehicle their child will be transported in and who will be driving.
(b) The child's name
(c) The date of the field trip
(d) List of destination(s) and times scheduled for the trip.
(e) The signature of the parent or guardian.
(f) The date the permission form was signed.
(2) The following shall be available on all field trips:
(d) The health care plan for any child who has one and any required medications for any child.
(e) Written field trip plan in case of emergency as required in paragraph (C) of this rule.
(3) For every seventy-five children, a person trained in first aid shall be present at all times at field trips destination(s).
(4) Whenever children are transported by vehicles on field trips:
(a) At no time are children to be left alone unattended in a vehicle.
(b) If the vehicle used to transport children is manufactured with seat belts, they shall be utilized by adults and children, and no more than one person shall be strapped in each seat belt. Children or adults shall not be permitted to stand in a moving vehicle, sit on the floor, or ride in a vehicle where seats are not securely anchored.