(A) The public children services agency (PCSA) shall participate with the Ohio department of job and family services (ODJFS) staff in the child protection oversight and evaluation (CPOE) quality assurance review no less than once every twenty-four months.
(B) The PCSA shall make available relevant documents and personnel during the CPOE quality assurance review process.
(C) The CPOE review of the PCSA shall include, but not be limited to, the examination and analysis of the following in relation to the PCSA's delivery of child welfare services to children and families:
(1) Outcome domains involving child safety, child permanency, and child and family well-being.
(2) Compliance with statutorily mandated PCSA responsibilities.
(3) Selected child welfare program components across the continuum.
(D) The CPOE review shall include discussion and inquiry as to the systemic factors that contribute to the PCSA's delivery of child welfare services including, but not limited to, the following:
(1) Local demographic data.
(2) Information regarding the PCSA's infrastructure including the table of organization.
(3) Staffing levels.
(4) Caseload sizes.
(5) PCSA budgetary data.
(6) The availability of supportive services in the community.
(7) Exemplary casework practices.
(E) Information sources that can be utilized during the evaluation, reconciliation of case data report measures, and the quality assurance review process include, but are not limited to, the following:
(1) Data reports generated from the ODJFS management information systems containing PCSA data including, but not limited to, the statewide automated child welfare information system.
(2) Findings obtained from client, shareholder, provider, and PCSA staff interviews, as applicable.
(3) Information obtained from the review of the PCSA's case records whether hard copy file, electronic file, or a combination of both.
(4) Data obtained from the PCSA's data management systems, as applicable.
(5) Other information concerning the PCSA's service delivery system including, but not limited to, council on accreditation findings, strategic planning data, and county budgetary data.
(F) Following receipt of the CPOE final report, the PCSA has the option of clarifying its position or addressing the conclusions regarding the evaluation and assessment of the PCSA's programmatic performance in the delivery of child welfare services by submitting written comments to ODJFS. The PCSA's written comments shall be received by ODJFS within fifteen days of the PCSA's receipt of the CPOE final report. The PCSA's comments shall be maintained in the CPOE record.
(G) If the PCSA appeals the CPOE final report, the letter of appeal shall be received by ODJFS within fifteen days of the PCSA's receipt of the CPOE final report and shall specify the basis for the appeal. The appeal decision shall be final.
(H) If the PCSA fails to meet one or more of the established benchmarks, the PCSA shall develop and submit for acceptance by ODJFS a quality improvement plan (QIP) within thirty days from the PCSA's receipt of the CPOE final report or within thirty days from the PCSA's receipt of the CPOE appeal decision.
(I) The QIP shall include the activities the PCSA will conduct to address identified deficiencies in the PCSA's programmatic performance in the delivery of child welfare services, as outlined in the CPOE final report, in order to bring the agency into compliance.
(J) The PCSA may request an extension of the time frame for submittal of the QIP.
(1) A request to extend the time frame shall be made in writing and submitted to ODJFS prior to the expiration of the established time frame for submittal of the QIP as outlined in paragraph (H) of this rule.
(2) The request shall contain the rationale as to the basis for the extension.
(K) Upon acceptance of the QIP, the PCSA shall implement the QIP in order to achieve the identified outcomes.
(L) The PCSA shall participate in monitoring the implementation of the QIP and achievement of the identified goals.
(M) The QIP shall remain in effect until the outcomes are achieved or a subsequent QIP is developed in accordance with paragraph (H) of this rule.
(N) PCSA achievement of specific measures or changes addressing concerns identified through the CPOE process may result in incentives to PCSAs.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 03/01/2015
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 5101.141 , 5103.03 , 5153.166 .
Rule Amplifies: 5101.22 , 5101.221 , 5103.03 , 5153.16
Prior Effective Dates: 7/1/97, 2/1/03, 1/1/2005