(A) The public children services agency (PCSA) shall participate with the Ohio department of job and family services (ODJFS) staff in the child protection oversight and evaluation (CPOE) quality improvement review no less than once every twenty-four months.
(B) The PCSA shall make available relevant documents and personnel during the CPOE quality improvement review process.
(C) The CPOE review of the PCSA shall include, but not be limited to, the examination and analysis of the following in relation to the PCSA's delivery of child welfare services to children and families:
(1) Outcome indicators involving child safety, child permanency, and child and family well-being.
(2) Compliance with statutorily mandated PCSA responsibilities.
(3) Selected child welfare program components across the continuum.
(D) The CPOE review shall include discussion and inquiry as to the systemic factors that contribute to the PCSA's delivery of child welfare services including, but not limited to, the following:
(1) Local demographic data.
(2) Information regarding the PCSA's infrastructure including the table of organization.
(3) Staffing levels.
(4) Caseload sizes.
(5) PCSA budgetary data.
(6) The availability of supportive services in the community.
(7) Exemplary casework practices.
(E) Information sources that can be utilized during the evaluation, reconciliation of case data report measures, and the quality improvement review process include, but are not limited to, the following:
(1) Data reports generated from the ODJFS management information systems containing PCSA data including, but not limited to, the statewide automated child welfare information system, results oriented management and business intelligence channel.
(2) Findings obtained from client, shareholder, provider, and PCSA staff interviews, as applicable.
(3) Information obtained from the review of the PCSA's case records whether hard copy file, electronic file, or a combination of both.
(4) Data obtained from the PCSA's data management systems, as applicable.
(5) Other information concerning the PCSA's service delivery system including, but not limited to, council on accreditation findings, strategic planning data, and county budgetary data.
(F) If the PCSA is writing a response to either clarify its position or address the conclusions regarding the evaluation and assessment of the PCSA's programmatic performance in the delivery of child welfare services within the CPOE report without seeking to change the CPOE report or its findings, the PCSA shall submit an addendum within fifteen days of the PCSA's receipt of the CPOE final report to ODJFS. . The PCSA's addendum shall be attached to the CPOE report and maintained in the CPOE record.
(G) If the PCSA is writing a response to dispute one or more of the CPOE report findings and is requesting a decision by ODJFS to change the CPOE report or its findings, the PCSA shall submit an appeal of the CPOE final report to ODJFS within fifteen days of the PCSA's receipt of the CPOE final report . The appeal decision by ODJFS shall be final.
(H) If the PCSA fails to meet one or more of the established outcome indicators listed in paragraph (C) of this rule, the PCSA shall develop and submit for acceptance by ODJFS a quality improvement plan (QIP) within thirty days from the PCSA's receipt of the CPOE final report or within thirty days from the PCSA's receipt of the CPOE appeal decision.
(I) The QIP shall include the activities the PCSA will conduct to address identified deficiencies in the PCSA's programmatic performance in the delivery of child welfare services, as outlined in the CPOE final report, in order to bring the agency into compliance. The PCSA may request ODJFS assist the PCSA with the development of the QIP and provide the PCSA technical assistance in the implementation of the plan pursuant to section 5101.221 of the Revised Code.
(J) If the PCSA requests an extension of the time frame for submittal of the QIP, all of the following shall occur:
(1) The request to extend the time frame will be made in writing and submitted to ODJFS prior to the expiration of the established time frame for submittal of the QIP as outlined in paragraph (H) of this rule.
(2) The request will contain the rationale as to the basis for the extension.
(3) The decision to grant the extension will be provided within fifteen days of the receipt of the request.
(4) The length of the extension will be based on the rationale provided for the basis of the extension.
(K) Upon acceptance of the QIP, the PCSA shall implement the QIP in order to achieve the identified outcomes.
(L) The PCSA shall participate in monitoring the implementation of the QIP and achievement of the identified goals.
(M) The QIP shall remain in effect until the outcomes are achieved or a subsequent QIP is developed in accordance with paragraph (H) of this rule.
(N) PCSA achievement of specific measures or changes addressing concerns identified through the CPOE process may result in incentives to PCSAs.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 11/26/2014 and 03/01/2020
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 5101.141, 5103.03, 5153.166
Rule Amplifies: 5101.22, 5101.221, 5103.03, 5153.16
Prior Effective Dates: 7/1/97, 2/1/03, 1/1/05, 3/01/10