(A) The public children services agency (PCSA) shall terminate the state adoption maintenance subsidy (SAMS)if any of the following circumstances occur:
(1) The adoptive child's death.
(2) The adoptive parent is no longer legally responsible to financially support the child. An adoptive parent(s) is financially supporting the child if the adoptive parent(s) provides the child with shelter, food and clothing or child support. A parent is generally responsible for the support of a child who is under the age of eighteen or a child with a physical and/or mental disability who is under twenty-one years of age.
(3) The adoptive child does one of the following:
(a) Reaches the age of eighteen.
(b) Reaches age twenty-one and has been eligible because the child is mentally or physically disabled.
(4) The terms of the state adoption maintenance subsidy have been fulfilled.
(6) The adoptive parent(s) requests termination.
(B) The PCSA shall send notification of the termination using the JFS 04065 "Prior Notice of the Right to a State Hearing" (rev. 5/2001) at least fifteen calendar days prior to the effective date of the termination and include the reason for the termination and the right to a state hearing pursuant to section 5101.35 of the Revised Code and division 5101:6 of the Administrative Code.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 03/12/2014 and 05/01/2019
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 5101.35 , 5153.163
Rule Amplifies: 5101.35 , 5153.163
Prior Effective Dates: 10/2/80, 7/1/90, 5/1/03, 7/1/04, 5/1/09.