(A) Any of the following circumstances shall cause termination of the state adoption subsidy:
(1) The adoptive child's death.
(2) The adoptive parent is no longer legally responsible to financially support the child.
(3) The adoptive child does one of the following:
(a) Reaches the age of eighteen.
(b) Reaches age twenty-one and has been eligible because he is mentally or physically handicapped.
(4) The terms of the state adoption subsidy have been fulfilled.
(5) The public children services agency (PCSA) determines from verification submitted by the adoptive parent or obtained by the PCSA that the adoptive child's special needs for a state adoption subsidy no longer exist.
(6) Six months have elapsed from the redetermination date and the adoptive parent fails to comply with a redetermination of eligibility pursuant to rule 5101:2-44-08 of the Administrative Code.
(B) The following conditions may cause termination of the state adoption subsidy.
(1) The adoptive parent requests termination.
(2) The adoptive parent is no longer providing financial support for the adoptive child.
(C) The PCSA shall send notification of the termination using the JFS 04065 "Prior Notice of the Right to a State Hearing" (rev. 5/2001) at least fifteen calendar days prior to the effective date of the termination and include the reason for the termination and the right to a state hearing pursuant to section 5101.35 of the Revised Code and division 5101:6 of the Administrative Code.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 11/25/2008 and 11/30/2013
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 5101.35 , 5153.163
Rule Amplifies: 5101.35 , 5153.163
Prior Effective Dates: 10/2/80, 7/1/90, 5/1/03, 7/1/04