(A) An amendment is a narrative of the assessor's evaluation of the approved adoptive parent(s) and family and shall be completed and attached to the homestudy within thirty days of the agency becoming aware a change occurred.
(B) If the approved adoptive parent notifies the agency of any changes or circumstances listed in paragraphs (C) and (D) of this rule occurred, the agency shall amend the homestudy.
(C) An approved adoptive parent shall notify the recommending agency within one hour of any of the following circumstances involving the adoptive child whose adoption is not finalized:
(1) A serious injury or illness involving medical treatment of the adoptive child.
(2) The death of the adoptive child.
(3) Unauthorized absence of the adoptive child from the home.
(4) Removal of the adoptive child from the home by any person or agency other than the placing agency, or attempts at such removal.
(5) Any involvement of the adoptive child with law enforcement authorities.
(D) An adoptive parent shall notify the recommending agency within twenty-four hours or the next working day if any of the following occur prior to finalization of the adoption of the child:
(1) A change in the marital status of an approved adoptive parent(s).
(2) Any serious illness or death of an approved adoptive parent(s) or household member.
(3) The finalization of an adoptive child placed by a different agency.
(4) A change in the number of household members through birth or kinship who have not reached the age of majority.
(5) A change in the number of adults residing with the approved adoptive parent (not including an existing household member reaching the age of majority).
(6) A criminal charge or conviction of any approved adoptive parent or other adult household member(s).
(7) A significant change in financial status/income.
(8) The physical relocation of the approved adoptive parent(s) resulting in a change of address different than the address listed on the most recent homestudy or homestudy update.
(E) New child household members residing with the adoptive parent shall have a JFS 01653 "Medical Statement for Foster Care/Adoptive Applicant and All Household Members" (rev. 6/2009) completed within sixty days of becoming a household member.
(F) If the child is an infant born to the adoptive parent and the agency documents in the case record the adoptive parent has had prenatal care from a physician during the pregnancy and is receiving periodic medical examinations from a physician, the JFS 01653 shall be completed within ninety days of the date the infant becomes a household member.
(G) Household members turning eighteen years of age shall have a bureau of criminal identification and investigation (BCII) background check and federal bureau of investigation (FBI) check, as outlined in rule 5101:2-48-10 of the Administrative Code, initiated within ten working days of the date they turned eighteen years of age.
(H) New adult household members residing with the approved adoptive parent shall have a JFS 01653 completed within sixty days of becoming a household member.
(I) New adult household members residing with the approved adoptive parent shall have a BCII background check and FBI check, as outlined in rule 5101:2-48-10 of the Administrative Code, and a search of the central registry initiated within ten working days of the date they became a household member.
(J) Upon notification of a change of address, the PCSA, PCPA, or PNA shall conduct a safety audit of the new residence using the JFS 01348 "Safety Audit of a Foster Home," which is also used for adoptive homes (rev. 1/2003).
(K) The safety audit shall be conducted within ten working days after the notification of the change of address.
(L) The PCSA, PCPA, or PNA shall require the approved adoptive parent to obtain a fire safety inspection certifying the new residence is free from conditions hazardous to the safety of an adoptive child.
(M) The fire safety inspection shall be conducted within ninety days of the change of address by a state certified fire safety inspector or the state fire marshal's office.
Replaces: 5101:2-48- 12.1
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 07/01/2014
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 5103.03 , 5153.166 , 3107.033
Rule Amplifies: 3107.031 , 5103.18
Prior Effective Dates: 12/11/2006, 8/14/08