(A) The public children services agency (PCSA), private child placing agency (PCPA) or private noncustodial agency (PNA) shall prepare and maintain adoptive family case records at the time that a JFS 01691 " Application for Child Placement" (rev. 6/2009) is received.
(B) Each adoptive family case record, as applicable to the involvement of the PCSA, PCPA or PNA, shall contain, but not be limited to:
(1) The JFS 01691.
(2) Case notes and dictation concerning adoption services.
(3) A copy of the homestudy report, updated homestudy reports and all documents completed, identified in or collected pursuant to Chapter 5101:2-48 of the Administrative Code; as applicable.
(4) A copy of the JFS 01530, "Multiple Children/Large Family Assessment" (rev. 12/2006), if applicable.
(5) A copy of all documentation relating to falsification of an adoptive applicant or homestudy if any document submitted during the homestudy process has been determined to be falsified.
(6) A copy of the denial or approval notification sent to the applicant regarding the adoptive homestudy, updates, or amendments as required by Chapter 5101:2-48 of the Administrative Code.
(7) If applicable, a copy of the documentation explaining the circumstances of any delay in the commencement of the adoptive homestudy beyond the thirty day requirement in rule 5101:2-48-12 of the Administrative Code.
(8) If applicable, a copy of the documentation explaining the circumstances of any delay in the completion of the adoptive homestudy beyond the one hundred eighty day requirement in rule 5101:2-48-12 of the Administrative Code.
(11) A copy of the JFS 01654 "Adoptive Placement Agreement" (rev. 2/2014).
(14) Documentation regarding the activities surrounding the removal of the child from the adoptive placement, if applicable.
(15) Documentation regarding any agency review.
(16) Documentation constituting or referring to a complaint or grievance by the family, if applicable.
(17) Documentation of verbal comments, verbatim, or a detailed description of any other indication made by a prospective adoptive family member living in the household or any other person living in the household, reflecting a negative perspective regarding the race, color or national origin of a child for whom the prospective adoptive family has expressed an interest in adopting. The documentation shall indicate whether those comments were made before or after completion of the cultural diversity training which is required for all prospective adoptive applicants, if applicable.
(18) Documentation regarding any adoption subsidy application and/or agreement.
(19) Documentation of education and training activities attended by the adoptive applicant/family.
(20) A copy of the JFS 01689, "Documentation of the Placement Decision Making Process" (rev. 7/2012).
(21) A copy of the JFS 01609 " Family Permanency Planning Data Summary" (rev. 02/2005).
(22) A copy of the JFS 01688 "Individualized Child Assessment" (rev. 4/2014) and any report(s) submitted by the licensed professional associated with the JFS 01688, if applicable pursuant to rule 5101:2-48-13 of the Administrative Code.
(23) A copy of the JFS 01690 "Documentation of the Pre-adoptive Staffing and Updates" (rev. 2/2014).
(24) A copy of the notification letter to the local PCSA or documentation of the telephone call related to the initiation of an adoption homestudy, as well as any response received from the PCSA.
(25) A copy of the notification letter to the local PCSA related to the impending placement of an adoptive child.
(C) The agency shall maintain case records in a consistent and organized manner such that required information set forth in this rule can be readily located. When the agency maintains any required information set forth in this rule in a location other than the case record, it shall be stated in the agency policy or noted in the case record where the information can be found.
Cite as Ohio Admin. Code 5101:2-48-22
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 05/06/2015 and 10/01/2020
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 5101.141, 5103.03, 5153.166
Rule Amplifies: 3107.031
Prior Effective Dates: 12/30/66, 10/1/86, 7/1/90, 9/1/94, 9/18/96, 2/13/98 (Emer.), 5/14/98, 4/1/99, 9/1/03, 2/1/05, 12/11/06, 3/1/10