(A) When a child is planned to be or is discharged from a residential facility or a specialized foster home, the agency shall prepare a written discharge summary. The discharge summary shall be prepared no earlier than thirty days before and no later than thirty days after the date of discharge. A copy of the discharge summary shall be maintained within the child's record and a copy shall be provided, no later than ten days after the discharge summary is completed, to the custodial agency which placed the child, or to the parent, guardian or custodian in the case of a direct placement.
(B) The discharge summary required by paragraph (A) of this rule shall contain at a minimum:
(1) The reason for discharge.
(2) A summary of the child's adjustment and results of the placement.
(3) A brief summary of medical, dental, optical, and therapeutic services which were provided to the child.
(4) The name and official title or relationship of the person to whom the child was released.
(5) The new location of the child.
(6) Any recommendations for ongoing treatment, including the identification of service providers whenever possible.
(C) When a child is placed from a foster home into a respite care setting, a discharge summary is not required, provided the child is expected to return to the foster home when the period of respite care has ended.
(D) When a child is receiving pre-planned respite care services or is a short term direct placement on a recurring schedule addressed in the case plan, the discharge summary is required at six month intervals or at the conclusion of the service, whichever occurs sooner.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 08/03/2015 and 12/01/2020
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 5103.03
Rule Amplifies: 5103.02, 5103.03
Prior Effective Dates: 12/30/66, 10/1/86, 7/2/90 (Emer.), 10/1/90, 1/1/91, 9/18/96, 7/1/2000, 1/1/03, 12/11/06, 10/1/11