(A) Any money provided to or earned by a child shall be considered to be the child's money and not funds belonging to the staff or the residential facility.
(B) A residential facility shall ensure that any child having the opportunity to receive or earn money has an account either at an established financial institution or in the residential facility for the safe keeping of such money.
(C) If the account is maintained at the residential facility:
(1) A written record of the current balance, deposits, withdrawals, and any interest earned shall be provided upon request.
(2) At least every three months or at the time of discharge a written report of the current balance, deposits, withdrawals, and any interest earned shall be provided to the child.
(3) A copy of the written report shall be maintained in the child's record.
(D) A residential facility may issue credit script to children, in lieu of legal tender, for use within the facility.
(E) Funds belonging to a child kept at or by the facility shall be returned to the child:
(1) At the time of a planned discharge.
(2) Within ten days if the discharge is not planned.
(F) A residential facility shall not charge a resident for an item required to be provided to the resident as required in Chapter 5101:2-9 of the Administrative Code unless the resident is learning life skills as part of an independent living program pursuant to rules 5101:2-42-19 and 5101:2-42-19.1 of the Administrative Code.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 6/13/2019 and 02/01/2025
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 5103.03
Rule Amplifies: 5103.02, 5103.03
Prior Effective Dates: 12/30/1966, 10/01/1986, 01/01/1991, 09/01/2002, 01/01/2008, 12/01/2010, 07/01/2014