(A) A residential facility shall notify the individual or agency which placed the child and the person or agency holding custody, if different, within twenty-four hours if any of the following occur:
(1) Death of the child or teenage mother;
(2) Absent without leave (AWOL);
(3) Non-routine medical treatment or any hospitalization;
(4) Expulsion or suspension from school;
(5) Any alleged delinquent or criminal activity of the child or teenage mother;
(6) Any situation in which the child or teenage mother is a victim of alleged delinquent or criminal activity;
(7) Suicide or self-mutilation attempts;
(8) Any use of physical restraint or isolation pursuant to rule 5101:2-9-22 of the Administrative Code;
(9) Any incident of alleged abuse or neglect; or
(10) Any other unusual incident as defined in the agency's policies or by the agency.
(B) A residential facility shall complete a critical incident report for each occurrence of any of the items listed in paragraph (A) of this rule and shall document that the report was provided no later than the next business day after the occurrence to the individual or agency which placed the child and person or agency holding custody, if different.
(C) The administrator of a residential facility shall ensure that any employee, college intern or volunteer at the facility who knows of or suspects any physical or mental abuse, sexual abuse or exploitation or neglect or threatened abuse or neglect of a child by any person, including another resident of the facility, shall immediately report the situation pursuant to section 2151.421 of the Revised Code, or cause it to be reported.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 08/09/2010 and 12/01/2014
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 5103.03
Rule Amplifies: 5103.02 , 5103.03
Prior Effective Dates: 12/30/66, 10/1/86, 1/1/91, 9/18/96, 9/1/02, 1/1/08