(A) A children's residential center (CRC) shall secure a building approval and occupancy permit:
(1) Prior to initial certification.
(2) At the time of any major modification or alteration of any existing structure, unless the structure will no longer be in use.
(3) As required by the Ohio department of commerce or from a county or municipal building department certified by the department of commerce to inspect and approve the building code use group applicable to the CRC.
(B) All CRC building approvals and occupancy permits shall be secured from either of the following:
(1) The Ohio department of commerce.
(2) A county or municipal building department certified by the department of commerce to inspect and approve the building code use group applicable to the CRC.
(C) Each residential facility shall maintain compliance with all local and state building codes and ordinances.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 6/13/2019 and 02/01/2025
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 5103.03
Rule Amplifies: 5103.02, 5103.03
Prior Effective Dates: 12/30/1966, 10/01/1986, 01/01/1991, 09/01/2002, 01/01/2008, 12/01/2010, 07/01/2014