(A) A residential facility certified on or after the effective date of this rule shall have a written community engagement plan which shall include:
(1) Protocols for the community in which a residential facility is located to communicate concerns or other pertinent information directly to the facility which shall include at a minimum:
(a) A contact phone number for the facility.
(b) If the facility has an email address, the email address shall also be provided.
(2) The agency shall provide all applicable information listed in paragraph (A)(1) of this rule to the following:
(a) Upon request to an individual.
(b) If the facility has a website, the information shall be made available on the site.
(3) Protocols for the agency in responding to such a communication which shall include a time frame for responding to a community request.
(B) A residential facility certified prior to the effective date of this rule, shall complete the requirements of paragraph (A) of this rule within sixty days after the rule becomes effective.
(C) A residential facility shall ensure staff are trained on the implementation of the community engagement plan and procedures for responding to incidents involving a child at the facility and neighbors or the police.
(1) Upon the effective date of the community engagement plan:
(a) If staff have not completed orientation training, the community engagement plan training shall be completed prior to the completion of orientation training.
(b) If staff have completed orientation training, the facility shall ensure the staff are trained no later than sixty days after the community engagement plan is effective.
(2) If the training is conducted by an external provider, the training shall include a transfer of learning component.
(3) The transfer of learning component may include a pretest, a posttest, or a discussion following the training.