(1) A doctor of podiatric medicine is included within the definition of "physician" but only in respect to functions he or she is legally authorized to perform as defined in section 4731.51 of the Revised Code.
(2) "Podiatric physician" means an individual currently licensed under state of Ohio law or another state's law to practice podiatry.
(3) Interns and residents of podiatric medicine are explicitly excluded from the definition of "podiatric physician" and are covered as part of hospital services. This exclusion applies whether or not the intern or resident may be authorized to practice as a podiatric physician under the laws of the state in which services are performed. Residents having a staff or faculty appointment or designated as a fellow are also excluded from the definition of podiatric physician.
(4) "Podiatric group practice" means a professional association organized under Chapter 1785. of the Revised Code for the purpose of providing podiatric services.
(B) All podiatric physicians currently licensed to practice podiatry under sections 4731.51 to 4731.61 of the Revised Code are eligible to participate in Ohio's medicaid program and provide podiatric medicine services upon execution of an Ohio medicaid provider agreement.
(C) A professional association (podiatric medicine group practice) is considered eligible to participate in Ohio's medicaid program if it is an association organized under Chapter 1785. of the Revised Code for the purpose of providing podiatric medicine services.
(D) Podiatric physicians licensed under another state law to practice medicine and surgery are eligible to participate in Ohio's medicaid program and provide covered podiatric medicine services as long as:
(1) The services are rendered to eligible Ohio consumers in the state in which the provider is licensed to practice; and
(2) The provider of podiatric medicine services has a current valid provider agreement with the Ohio department of job and family services (ODJFS).
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 07/29/2010 and 11/01/2015
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 5111.02
Rule Amplifies: 5111.01 , 5111.02 , 5111.021
Prior Effective Dates: 4/7/77, 12/30/77, 5/9/86, 2/1/90, 8/15/05